Queen Anne Reproduction Pistols

Guest Dirty Davy Cash

Guest Dirty Davy Cash

Ahoy me hearties!! I be wondering if any of ye ol sea dogs,

if ye own a repro Queen Anne Pistol, could be giving me a review

of it? It trully be a lovely handgun, and it has the looks of a pure

pirate arm. Thank Ye Lads fer all of Ye help!!

The Queen Anne Pistols are an excellent choice. I highly reccommend them for a first timer learning to work a flintlock. They are reliable sparkers right out of the box, an overall a quality piece. There are VERY few top quality repro flintlocks available currently that are of the early style, as these are. Most repros available are of the late flintlock period, with the exception of some pieces imported from India that sometimes are quite variable in quality from one example to another. Sometimes you get a good one, sometimes not.

For someone learning to work a flintlock for the first time, anything that is not a quality and reliable piece can be very frustrating and lead to disenchantment with flintlocks in general. Some of the lesser quality pieces need considerable tinkering in order to get them to work well. The Queen Anne is guilty of no such problems. If it won't work reliably, it is a matter of not doing something right, rather than the gun causing the problem.

>>>> Cascabel

I absolutely LOVE my Queen Anne. It is a beautiful piece and what I like best about it is that it is very well balanced and comfortable. The larger heavier-barreled 'locks tend to feel heavy in the muzzle to me, and I really like the feel of the Queen Anne.

A word of warning.

DO NOT USE PYRODEX OR OTHER BRANDS OF SMOKELESS BLACK POWDER SUBSTITUTE. USE ONLY GENUINE BLACK POWDER.

It will leave a sticky oily residue that will clog your touch hole, coat your frizzen and cause misfires. I can't stress this one enough. It takes many times of cleaning and many times of firing it to get all the crud off. The flintlocks can become quite unreliable being fired with this stuff. Don't use it even once. Order black powder if you can't find it locally and don't use a substitute.

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Guest Dirty Davy Cash

Thank ye me lasses and mates, I think I be decided on

one repro, the Pedersoli Queen Anne:

IMG-s328.jpg

Well Me Hearties and Lasses, She sure be a beauty!!

Guest Dirty Davy Cash

Well me lads and lasses, I be wondering what accessories I be needing fer me Queen Anne pistol/s when I buy them? Does the loading euipment come with the pistols, or do all the accessories have to be bought seperately? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

The Queen Anne ROCKS! I got one about 2 years ago and have never had a problem with it. I bought the kit through Dixie Gunworks, and also ordered flints, leather, and a powder flask. They also offer a book about this gun.

Altogether I spent about $250.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

I got mine through Pedersoli also. They have a good price going at $210 and a long history of good service. You will need to go to a store which sells gun supplies and get a .50 caliber brush to clean it, the rod it goes on and a ram rod to load it. The Queen Anne doesn't come with them. You'll also need black powder and a newspaper. Be sure you have someone experienced to coach you or go to a gun range where they have someone on staff to coach you if this is your first time using a flintlock.

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

• 2 weeks later...

Lass have ye a link ta where ya purchased yr piece. Just googled it and came up with the Newark phone directory.

:blink:

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

• 6 years later...

AHOY!!!!! XD

I two wish to purchase a pedersoli Queen Anne’s Pistol, not only because it’s Drop dead Beautifull! But also because it was Edward Teach’s (Blackbeard) personal favourite!!!

..... But even in Kit form it doesn’t come any cheaper then $295 now a days... and that’s WITHOUT shipping :( and I live in the Europe :(:(:(

Anyone know a cheaper one???

All that catches our eye and Fancy is Rightfully ours as Claimed by us.

Capt. Goldwolf and Crew.

Check out me Jolly Roger Collection:

http://james-b-roger.deviantart.com/gallery/#Jolly-Rogers

And let me know what ye think PLZ!

In your case, being in Europe, you would probably be better off ordering directly from Pedersoli. They are in Italy, Gardone, I believe. Depending on your location, it might be a good excuse to visit the factory......

>>>> Cascabel

Usually, when I read these..."hardware" discussions, I only feel envy, being but a poor librarian dryside as I am. But not this time, nee-hee! Cuz, I, Mad Capn Bob...I got one of these! Only complaint about it is it's not an actual "turn-off" pistol...in nother words, the barrel doesn't unscrew, where you can place yer load directly in the breech, screw yer barrel down good and proper, prime yer piece, and yer ready for mayhem. Ye gots to improvise some sort of ramrod, so ye do. Oh yeah...the cock has a heavy pull, too...must be a strong mainspring in there.

But that said, its a pretty little thing, isn't it? Okay, mine would be slightly better looking if I applied a bit of Brasso to the brass, but still...it's me prime piece. Being in Akron OH, I haven't used it for half of forever...got it thru Dixie Gun Works, quite a few years ago (back when I was younger and foolisher, and couldn't really afford to waste me money on something like that...but I did anyway), so I got it for less than what its going for now (good thing, too)

Damn, thats sharp!

AHOY!!!!! XD

I two wish to purchase a pedersoli Queen Anne's Pistol, not only because it's Drop dead Beautifull! But also because it was Edward Teach's (Blackbeard) personal favourite!!!

..... But even in Kit form it doesn't come any cheaper then $295 now a days... and that's WITHOUT shipping :( and I live in the Europe :(:(:(

Anyone know a cheaper one???

I am in the UK and have just bought 2 Queen Anne pistol kits from here:

http://www.blackleyandson.com/acatalog/Pistol_Kits.html

I cant recommend them just yet though as they are having casting issues so I havent got them at the moment.

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...