17th-18th Century Grenadoes

Here's a hard-to-find piece!

Period-style grenadoes for blasting the enemy deck!

They are available in natural or aged looks.

$20 of the sale price goes to supporting the Pirates of Paynetown event in Southern Indiana on Monroe Lake, August 8th-10th, 2008.

$25 each plus $5 shipping.

To order, e-mail me at nlogsdon(at)att.net or call (812) 606-1264.

Visa, MasterCard, PayPal accepted.

NOTE: These items are rendered inert (hole drilled in the bottom) with a "prop" fuse. Do not attempt to make these grenadoes functional! They are for display, prop, or educational purposes only!

For more information on these weapons, see: Gentlemen of Fortune

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

Militia Captain, Merchant Sailor, Tailor, Brewer, Gunrunner and Occassional Pirate...

www.piratesofpaynetown.org

www.taylor-rosehistorical.com

www.ladywashington.org

Boy, you had me until you said they can't be made active. B)

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I think the solution is fairly obvious...but I won't discuss it over a public forum.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Let me know when you have some without the holes drilled in the bottom...

Yeah, if they didn't have holes drilled and were otherwise filled so as not to be made functional I'd be all over them.

If it has a metal body, without those holes, it's a felony to possess these grenade replicas in the People's Republic of California. So, depending on where you are, those holes can be important.

Late addition to my own post. I have never seen people given problems for what they carry at an event. However, I am aware of numerous problems people have had going to or from events.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

In reference to crate pricing... :huh:

You may order sets of 6 at a time for $100 plus shipping...

That means you get two free...

Remember these are going for a good cause too.

And if you want 12... You can get 4 free...

Bwahahaha!

:huh:

And yes, the law requires that they have those holes in many states.

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

Militia Captain, Merchant Sailor, Tailor, Brewer, Gunrunner and Occassional Pirate...

www.piratesofpaynetown.org

www.taylor-rosehistorical.com

www.ladywashington.org

If it has a metal body, without those holes, it's a felony to possess these grenade replicas in the People's Republic of California. So, depending on where you are, those holes can be important.

That explains why I don't live in California... :)

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

I live in California mine have no holes in the bottom and I have no problems.

Then again, I don't carry them into the bank or through a parade.

FYI. It's a felony in California to SELL a "SURPLUS" grenade without rendering it non operable.

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

Please excuse the length of this post.

Here's the law for California:

ARTICLE 2. UNLAWFUL CARRYING AND

POSSESSION OF WEAPONS

12020. (a) Any person in this state who does

any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a

county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison:

(1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured,

imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or

exposes for sale, or who gives, lends, or possesses any

..., any metal military practice

handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade... (This is a very long section, excuse my edits)

Here's the link to the above:

Dangerous Weapons Laws Possess and Carry

However, first offense can be treated as an infraction as follows:

However, a first offense involving any metal military practice handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade shall be punishable only as an infraction unless the offender is an active participant in a criminal street gang as defined in the Street Terrorism and Enforcement and Prevention Act (Chapter 11 (commencing with Section 186.20) of Title 7 of Part 1).

Time for the Holly hand grenade:

( :huh: Subdivision (a) does not apply to any of the following:

(15) Any plastic toy handgrenade, or any metal military practice handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade that is a relic, curio, memorabilia, or display item, that is filled with a permanent inert substance or that is otherwise permanently altered in a manner that prevents ready modification for use as a grenade .

I would add in this already overly long post. The "grenade" addition to PC 12020 is only a few years old and was not publized worth a hoot before it was added to the books. Basically one of our wonderful state assembly people "found out" that inert grenades were legal to sell and "took action". Not telling people of the law change and then enforcing the law seems to be a norm anymore.

So, the grenades being sold by historyfanatic are an excellent way to go for us California types.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

That explains why I don't live in California... :)

-- Hurricane

No...your house, job, wife, friends, and crew are all in Florida. This explains why you don't live in California.

Hey, I lived in California for a whole month, in San Mateo. But I missed Seattle too much. But you're right, Florida is one sweet place to live and my new crewe beats all hell out of the one I had in Seattle (of course, two of them moved here as well to follow their leader, right Animal?).

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

without said hole in the bottom could be construed as a violation of the federal statutes regarding explosive devices.

ATF REGULATIONS

For the sake of my personal liberty, and the fact I would like to enjoy my declining years with no bars around me, I think the inert ones would be fine. Since this type of explosive ordinance was not the most reliable to predict when and how it would explode and the fragmentation pattern was erratic at the best of times, it is best left in the history books and inert models for demonstration purposes only. ...i witnessed what the effects of grenades can do when unintentionally involved in a house fire many years ago it was not a pretty sight, for the occupants or the firefighters called to the scene.

but of course that is just my opinion ;);):lol:

I happen to agree with your opinion, Gunner. My father has been a firefighter with the Orange County Fire Authority (way back before it was the "Authority", when it was just the Department), for over 30 years.

And he is still on active duty.

I would hate to even think about a situation where my father would have to enter a burning structure where live ammunition and explosives are kept by an irresponsible person.

Some color inside the lines, others like to color outside the lines, still others like to blur the them. I'm always on the side of the last two.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

I couldn't find any iron grenados on that page...

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Some color inside the lines, others like to color outside the lines, still others like to blur the them. I'm always on the side of the last two.

-- Hurricane

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm not crappin' on people that own live ammo, I happen to have a cache myself (and living in California...yikes :huh: ). I was just referring to those that improperly store it and thus, put firefighters lives at risk in the event of a fire. :huh:

I couldn't find any iron grenados on that page...

Yeah, those are the glass grenadoes. He sells two-hole iron ones too. That's where I got mine. It was $20. He had them at Ft Fred about two weeks ago. Email him to see if he has them.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

• 2 weeks later...
(15) Any plastic toy handgrenade, or any metal military practice handgrenade or metal replica handgrenade that is a relic, curio, memorabilia, or display item, that is filled with a permanent inert substance or that is otherwise permanently altered in a manner that prevents ready modification for use as a grenade .

Not to split hairs, but this part seems to allow this replica without the hole drilled in the bottom, as long as it's filled with a permanent inert substance (I can think of many ways of doing this easily, such as putty, plaster, lead, etc.). However, then from the outside, at least, it would look just like an original.

Coastie :rolleyes:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg