Captain Hook's Harpischord Song?

Does anyone know where I can find the lyrics to the song Captain Hook is playing/singing when Wendy is brought in? I know it's called "Toora Loora Lo", but I can't find lyrics for it anywhere. :lol:

Thanks in advance

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

Ah, never mind, I missed that little (2003) after Peter Pan in the title :lol:

You want to know "where I can find the lyrics to the song Captain Hook is playing/singing when Wendy is brought in?" in the Universal Pictures 2003 film directed by P.J.Hogan.

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

I have heard that song in another movie - an older movie that I can't quite recall...I think it was a Disney kids film from like the 50s or 60s, but that's as far as I'm getting with it.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Ah, always ask a music teacher (my mom). It's called "An Irish Lullaby." You can find the lyrics and more info here.

My grandmother taught it to my mother and she used to sing it us when we were wee. (Which is why I might associate with Disney. Or not.) Bing Crosby sang it in Going My Way (1944). (I keep wanting to think Connery sang it in Darby O'Gill - a Disney flick, but that doesn't seem right. It would certainly fit though.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

If that's the case here's a pretty good link -

Tura-Lura-Lural, The Band

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Watch the end credits. They almost always list the songs there, along with the author of the lyrics. Since it appears to be out of copyright, they could have just stuck their own lyrics into the existing tune.

[Edit]It doesn't appear to be on the soundtrack (although I only listened to some of the tracks - many of them seemed unlikely) and no mention is made in the credits (from this website, which appears to be an almost nauseatingly complete fansite for the movie.) If the tune goes like the mp3 on this site (Warning - turn down your speakers) but the words are different, then they just made up their own lyrics. If the lyrics date back to the 1890s, it's probably public domain and they could just write lyrics as they saw fit (and apparently not give credit). If it doesn't sound like that mp3, I'm surprised it's not on the soundtrack. (If you don't have it, you can listen to bits of the tracks on Amazon like I did. It won't give you a complete listen, but you'll get the gist.)