Pirate Figures

Guest Dirty Davy Cash

Guest Dirty Davy Cash

Well me mates, I have something that might interest

all of ye here. It seems that we have a figure being made of me old

mate Edward Teach!! ARRRGH, ARRRRGH, ARRRRRRGH!!!!

Ye can check the ol lad out at this here website:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/categor...itary&item=5901

Well me laddies, I just thought that ye would like to know

about this here treasure fer yer chest!! :D

Thanks DD!

I think I'll be ordering one o' those after Christmas.

Only thing I don't like about him is the puny sabre. I wish he came with a big beefy cutlass.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

I've actually begun to customize several pirate figures. I have a largish collection (85+ figures) and there's only one you can get in that scale who's a pirate! Luckily, I can order sideshow civil war uniforms and modify the frock coat. I'll post once I finish one to my satisfaction.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Just wait a couple of weeks, and I ought to have the waistcoat completed and the frock coat sufficiently modified. The facial and head flocking are done, the gloves are ready, the shirt and britches are ready (thanks to other figures) and the weapons are coming along slowly but surely. A few more weeks.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

1/6 scale/ (12 inches tall.)

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

• 2 months later...

Ay... other than Blackbeard (He comes with the sabre because that's what he had in the historical pic they used as a model) and the old pre-movie PotC fig... there aren't much 1/6th scale figs out there.

I don't like the sideshow civ war stuff. If ye want frock coats, search the Bay of E for the "Soldiers of the World" Rev war figs. They have good boots, coats, vests and accessories. They come with (unusually long) shortswords. The "SotW" Civ war figs come with cool sabres though.

Also GI Joe did a George Washington and a Minuteman, which are good for parts. The George Washington outfit is on my custom Russell Crowe/MaC fig.

Other good stuff.... um, Captain Action, the rereleases, the Phantom villain, arabic guy. Has good parts for a Sinbad fig.

Also, Hasbro did 3 or 4 different Sinbad figs based on the Dreamworks movie which are very cool.

On the Bay of E, I found a dealer that sells a nice Ken doll romance novel style priate outfit which fits bulkier figs (Hasbro) as well as skinnier figs (Dragon, Blue Box). It's a pair of black velvety pants, leathery swashbuckling boots, and a white frilly shirt that's open to the belly button.

For female figures, Blue Box's Cy-girls Martial Artist outfit set has a nice black leathery bodice which I have one of my female pirates wearing...

The Barbie, Princesses of the World collection.... their Portugeuse princess is nice for a noblewoman....

I'm a big resource for 1/6th scale stuff.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

Wow, I would never have even considered the Formative Int'l/SOTW Rev War figures because, well, for so many years SOTW was so crappy. You know what I mean: they had those barely articulated figures, those clothes that fastened with velcro, rifles and pistols that seemed to be in different scales. However, since 2000, SOTW has become my favorite low-cost accessory manufacturer, with pistols with removable clips, M-1 and carbines with movable bolts. They've really impressed me. But the rev. war figs, huh? I'll have to check that out.

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Well... that's the problem... they don't make the Rev War figs anymore... but with just a little work, you can make them into great pirate accessories.

Don't like the crappy shoulder flashes? just rip the sleeves of for a Cap'n Dog look.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

• 2 weeks later...

Sideshow announced two rev war figures for May, a red coat and a delaware regiment soldier.

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Got Sideshow's Blackbeard (on eBay, new in the box, for $27!!)... I am eagerly anticipating the Rev War figures... hoping and praying for a Continental Marine in the future... (crosses fingers)

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Yes, Sideshow's "Fife & Drum" line looks promising.

I like their Napolean, but he's being done in their new 14 or 16 inch scale. Bleh. Too tall for a little man...

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

of yers!"