Fraud in New Orleans

Graydog

Ahoy:

Just back from Pyrate Con, it was first rate all around.

However, what is not first rate is that some merchant in New Orleans had staff that cloned my credit card and started a charge fest.

This cloning of my card has NOTHING to do with Pyrate Con or any of the vendor's there. But, it did happen at a location in New Orleans. You may want to check your credit card expenditures to make sure this didn't happen to you as well. It is a cloned card instead of a simple number theft as the card was reported as being swiped at other locations around La shortly after I left the state, which isn't possible owing to my still having the card, i.e. it was cloned.

Fortunately I have a top notch credit card company and they detected the fraud right away and nary a cent have I lost. I certainly hope this didn't happen to anybody else.

-Greydog

B)

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

graydog, sorry to hear about that. hoepfully no credit dammage will be done and it was caught quick enough.

along those lines- another problem encounter occured when a slime bag tried to slip some drugs to a crew member at the bar. (the one where we did the wench auction and pyrate of the year) it occured pretty early so not alot of pyrates were there, but steeet justice prevailed. Fortunately she realized what was happening and was not injured. above said slimebag was not a pyrate and the bar staff responded beautifully as well as the hand full of pyrates who were there.

glad to hear you can take of it quickly, Gray Dog. I re-posted it with a link in the piratecon thread, just in case you weren't the only one taken. I did mention it was NOT related to piratecon itself.

I'm having a problem with a gym who won't refund money taken by mistake from my account. However, I will prevail. :)

About the drugs and the drink; some people just don't deserve to breathe. Is it too late to have pirate justice done?

ps, I'm updating our site for foolsgoldpirates.com and added pirates magazine to our friends section. Anyone else who has a site for merchandise or a crew can email me to be added also.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

merrydeath, no alcohol(she was not drinkin) he tried to blow it in her face from behind her. and yes, not a smart move when others are close by with long pointy pieces of steel. last seen, (it was the big guy showing off his tattoos) he was shirtless in a gutter, a bit bruised and puke all over him. terrible ac-ci-dent, i'm sure.

another problem encounter occured when a slime bag tried to slip some drugs to a crew member at the bar. (the one where we did the wench auction and pyrate of the year) it occured pretty early so not alot of pyrates were there, but steeet justice prevailed. Fortunately she realized what was happening and was not injured. above said slimebag was not a pyrate and the bar staff responded beautifully as well as the hand full of pyrates who were there.

So...what happened? I would think you could arrest someone for that. Or did they just beat the snot out of him?

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

merrydeath, no alcohol(she was not drinkin) he tried to blow it in her face from behind her. and yes, not a smart move when others are close by with long pointy pieces of steel. last seen, (it was the big guy showing off his tattoos) he was shirtless in a gutter, a bit bruised and puke all over him. terrible ac-ci-dent, i'm sure.

Oi Dutchie, Mr. Tattoos sounds like the perfect play fellow... If he doesn't over dose by next year, perhaps the Archangel crewe will make a showing and do a hanging... a real one. :ph34r: Glad to hear the Lady is all right.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Hey Grey Dog it was great eating lunch with you on Sunday. That bites about your card but atleast you got it taken care of.

Aye, yer a first rate fellow yerself. Cantankerous Jan and I were please and well met by you at the lunch as well.

Hope to see ye again next year.

Fair winds,

-Greydog

:ph34r:

P.S. Thanks all fer yer inquires to me credit loss. Fear not, like I said I have a johnny on the spot credit card company. Not only was the fraud detected same day, I have zero charges I am responsible for and that card now be as dead as a beaver hat.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

No alcohol(she was not drinkin) he tried to blow it in her face from behind her. and yes, not a smart move when others are close by with long pointy pieces of steel. last seen, (it was the big guy showing off his tattoos) he was shirtless in a gutter, a bit bruised and puke all over him. terrible ac-ci-dent, i'm sure.

(sigh)

I love it when Pirate act like a true crew and take care of their own.

Well, even if she wasn't our own.... well done lads :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

indeed! and a big cheer from me also. I don't suppose someone kicked his behind as they walked by? I have pointy boots and they hurt. :)

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

graydog, i believe we had coffee one morning together in the hotel restaurant discussing period clothing and events. i have a couple of photos, when i can get my disk back i'll forward them.

hopefully these are the only tales of woes other than some delayed luggage.

aye the fine lady was decent enough to step on him as he lay sprawled in the gutter to cover the puddle that lay beneath him. who says chivalry is dead? the only thing i can think of that happened to the poor wretch was that he lost his rum as he happened down the stairs. obviously impaired and off ballance by the cranial pressure from the vomiting he fell down the stairs. poor soul- did i mention, i think he fell down the stairs. i did not see it myself, but i think thats what happened.

That we did lad along with Dainty Dick.

Glad to see photo's when ye can.

-Greydog

:lol:

poor soul- did i mention, i think he fell down the stairs. i did not see it myself, but i think thats what happened.

Aye, accidents have a way of finding those who carry such bad kharma with them. All the way down the stairs ye say? tsk tsk tsk 'tis fate, says I.

Hey Grey Dog it was great eating lunch with you on Sunday. That bites about your card but atleast you got it taken care of.

Aye, yer a first rate fellow yerself. Cantankerous Jan and I were please and well met by you at the lunch as well.

Hope to see ye again next year.

Fair winds,

-Greydog

:rolleyes:

P.S. Thanks all fer yer inquires to me credit loss. Fear not, like I said I have a johnny on the spot credit card company. Not only was the fraud detected same day, I have zero charges I am responsible for and that card now be as dead as a beaver hat.

Great times indeed. Once I get cought up with sword orders and getting this next Pirates Mag issue out I will touch base with you. One of our favorite people for sure.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I just got hit with a new round of fraud, this time on a different card. However, what these cards have in common is that they were used at the same location during my time in New Orleans.

They also have in common a very good security system that nipped the charges in the bud. Once again, you may want to be checking yer charge/bank accounts if in New Orleans April 17 - 21 of this year.

-Greydog

• 2 weeks later...

Usually it is a waiter, waitress, or sales clerk that will be the one to try and copy your credit card information. Most merchants have enough sense not to sh*t where they eat. Employees tend to be more transitional.

Something that I do is I remove the three digit security code from the back of the credit and debit cards that I carry on my person. I do this by scratching off the numbers then blacking them out with a sharpie.

That will not prevent all credit card crime. But it makes it much more difficult for thieves to order merchandise online. Also when I travel I will use a different credit card than the one that I usually carry. That way only charges that I make on my trip will be on that statement. I also save every receipt and keep track of how much money I've spent.

If you scratch the three digit number off the back of your credit cards and you have a bad memory. You can store that number somewhere in your cell phone as part of a bogus phone number.

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg