Heading for New Orleans and Pyrate Con

Rumba Rue

I'm leaving early Sunday morning, April 13, and heading east, by car.

We are going first to Tombstone, Arizona, then onto Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico, see sights along the way through Texas and into Louisiana for the Con.

Afterwards we're heading for Amarillo, Texas where Boat's son lives, then through New Mexico, Santa Fe, Taos, up into Colorado, over to 4 Points, down through Arizona again, then up to Las Vegas and the Luxor (they made us a deal on a spa suite we couldn't pass up), then home on May 3.

We have reservations at a dozen or so state campgrounds along the way; we sleep in the van. Though a couple of places we are hotel/motel-ing it due to no campgrounds around.

As some of you may have already noticed, I asked the Admins. to put Blackhearted Pearl on as my substitute while gone.

I will not have access to a computer, so no checking in while on the road.

Everybody be nice to Blackhearted Pearl, otherwise she may hang you up by your toes!

Adios All!

Rumba Rue

Pyrate Con, here I come!

Enjoy your grand adventure, but come home to the Pub safe & sound! We'll miss you. :lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Everybody be nice to Blackhearted Pearl, otherwise she may hang you up by your toes!

Adios All!

Rumba Rue

Pyrate Con, here I come!

Well, I have to hang them somewhere until you get back to keelhaul them.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Uh, not going through Arkansas.....

Black Syren, we did look on our map and trip route and truly considered it and though we will sort of be near Austin, we are not going that way and it will take us more time to travel to you and back to our route.

Sorry, I do wish we could come and see you. But I'll give you a big toast at the con! Lots of hugs to you girlfriend!hug.gif

WAHHHHH!!!!!

We miss you already, Rumba!!!! :::sniffles:::

Have fun. Tell everyone Hi. Terrorize in my place especially those from here and KTTC. And especially Greg (a Barbossa) and tell Marty Klebba hello from me. ::ponders::: who th' hell am I missing?

Oh, well... just terrorize in general. :lol:

Take care, stay safe. Aye. I'm hoping storms don't interfer with yo'r drive.

Can't wait t' see th' pictures upon yo'r return. :)

~Lady B

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

That sounds like a great trip to be sure Rumba Rue, I'm jealous. Ye must have done quite a bit a pillaging lately to afford the gasoline it will take :huh: . Have a good time at Pyrate Con and be sure to take lots of pics.

Fair winds and calm seas to ye on your journey. :lol:

Oh Rumba!!! Soooooo close to Oklahoma and yet still sooooo far away - even at Amarillo! Dangit!!!!! ::sighs:: Maybe next time I'll get to clap eyes on you.

Travel safely my friend and enjoy Pyrate Con for me an' the rest of the Kisses.

::hugs n' love::

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

If ye get close to Fort Worth, call me - 817-896-2570. I plan to meet up with ye in New Orleans but if I can buy ye dinner in Cowtown we'll make it a merry time for ye!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhh, Rumba Rue! It was such a genuine pleasure making your acquaintance in "feel" life! Captain Japser and I were overjoyed that we could add a little bit of coin to your purse by selling your booty . . . wait, I hope that among this scurvy band of pirates that they won't be taking that last comment in the wrong way! Anyway, God bless ye, me girl, and I hope and pray that you can be there next year and many years to come!

Love and light to you and yours! Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

Aye Rumba still be on an adventure and not yet be back from her travels. I'm sure she'll announce her return to home port with a flourish when she arrives, mate. Til then, dearies, I'm still watching out for those spammers for her.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.