A PyrateCon WARNING

TheBlackFox

With all the problems with Southwest and now American Airlines, be sure you give yourself lots of extra time to get to PyrateCon. . . mabye even DAYS instead of hours.

I be driving the Pyrates Way Pilot down to New Orleans and if ye be driving, this doesn't effect ye. . .but if yer flying. . . keep a weather eye out, mates!

From the American Airlines Website:

Reservation Changes Due To Aircraft Inspections

Customers who were scheduled on a flight that was cancelled may request a full refund or may apply the value of their ticket towards future travel on American Airlines. Additionally, customers scheduled to travel on any MD-80 flight from April 8 – 13, even if their flight has not been cancelled, may rebook without a change fee to any AA flight with availability in the same cabin as long as their travel begins by April 17, as shown below:

If you are traveling to, from or through... Cities served by MD-80 aircraft

On the following dates... April 8-13, 2008

And your ticket was issued no later than... April 8, 2008

You may change your reservation to begin travel as late as... April 17, 2008

AA Flight Notice

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

I'm just waiting fer the other shoe to drop! :blink:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Haha.. aye, Perkeo. I was planning on driving down (unable to go now), instead of fly. I know some folks don't have troubles and always say it's safe and easy to fly. Haha... I worked for a couple airports... I know better. I'll drive thank ye. I'll flay if I want to go see my dad.

Here's to hoping that folks make it to their destination next weekend. Whether it's AA or SW or United or any other airline. I don't think this will stop at the MD-80s or MD-88s.

Keep a weathered eye on th' horizon.

Oh, and those driving. Safe passage with little or no storms. This is the season for those nasty storms around Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Tennnessee, Kansas, etc... Generally, Tornado Alley.

Stay safe on yo'r trip south, Perkeo.

I'm crossin' m' swords, mates, for th' lot o' ye.

~Lady B

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

From the AA website 4/14/08:

AA Flight Schedules Back to Normal

Our American Airlines flight schedules are now back to normal. We sincerely regret the inconvenience created by the cancellation of a portion of our flights last week resulting from the FAA-related inspections of our MD-80 fleet. We also thank our customers for their patience and continued loyalty during this difficult period.

Customers who were inconvenienced with overnight stays may Email American Airlines Customer Relations to request information about compensation. Or if you have other questions, feel free to contact us. Within the email form, please select "April 8-12 Flight Disruptions" from the Email Subject drop down menu. Please provide the flight number on which you were scheduled to travel and a brief description of your circumstances in the message area provided.

If you have already submitted comments, our AA team is diligently working to respond to your inquiry - and you will hear from us. Thank you for the opportunity to keep your business.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!