Pirates seize french yacht

From CNN - Pirates seize French Yacht

The French are up in arms over this, but hello, the coast of Somalia has been a hot bed for the last 3 years. Wouldn't it be prudent to steer clear?

I don't blame the people of Somalia. Their country has been in turmoil for years. It seems prudent to steer clear of the coast.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

You know this makes it difficult for us re-enactors. The San Diego Maritime Museum is eliminating their pirate exhibit because one of their Captains had a friend killed by modern day pirates. Unfortunately, we probably will never know the pirates' of Somalia side of the story as there is always two sides to a conflict.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY!

The article said the ship was in the “high seas” that means international waters! Perhaps the sea thug's side of the story is that the ship should have been closer so that they could have saved fuel. Those rich Imperialists Yacht owners are not green. They should move closer inland. Or perhaps they, the pirates, are poor third world Muslims carrying on the tradition of the Barbey Coast pirates that captured and enslaved European and American seaman for decades.

Yes there is always two sides of a story. The coward that beats his wife does so because she should know better than serving a Chardonnay with his steak dinner! Or the child molester who wanted to introduce his children to love making.

As a sailor I cruise without worrying about the side of the story of the punk who would seize my vessel!

Ed

Those destined to hang, shall not fear drowning