Hand Sewn Knee Breeches for sale

Hey all,

In the spirit of me constantly making almost everything too small the first time, I am offering my first attempt at the striped ticken breeches for sale. They will fit a 32 inch waist perfectly, or could also fit someone with a 30 inch waist without being too loose. I traced out the wrong size pattern when I made them, which is why they don't fit me and why I am now going to sell them. They have been sitting around unfinished for months, and I have no use for them, so hopefully there is an early 18th century pirate or nautical re-enactor out there who wants or can use them.

These are accurate to the 1706 or 1717 British Admirality Slop contracts (same quote in both contracts).

Strip’d Ticken Breeches of proper lengthes, lined with white linen, and two linen Pockets, with Sixteen Black Buttons, the Button Holes stich’d with Black Thread, at the rate of five Shillings each.

You can see a finished pair of these breeches in the photo of me below. I am asking $100 (they are Hand SEWN after all) and will include shipping within Continental North America (I will ship internationally at buyers expense). The pair I am selling will be completed with your choice of either...

True black linen thread button holes

Or charcoal linen thread buttonholes

(I leave the choice of how literal you want to take the slop contracts to you)

Also the choice of

True Black linen fabric covered wood buttons

Or Charcoal wool fabric covered wood buttons

Or brass metal buttons (in case you want to veer off the slop contract slightly)

I will finish the breeches and get them sent out within a few days of an agreement to buy and payment (I prefer PayPal, but willing to discuss other options). Post here, or private message me or email me with questions, or interest to buy. They are complete except the buttonholes and buttons.

MickeySouris.jpg

Michael_banner.jpg

Mike

I don't think that $100 was too much... for hand work, its a bargain. And your stuff looks outstanding so somebody got a bargain!

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

I'm going to be a bad student and blow off a weekend to go to Ft. Osage and see some of my old freinds, and man am I gonna be struttin' in my new kit! I will get pictures if possible. My 1706 slops contract jacket from Kass, my monmouth cap from GoF and old buttons he sent me some time back, my breeches from Mr. Bagley... man, am I gonna shine! Thanks to everyone for the fine work and stuff. Bo is one happy pyrate! Just wait til I get back to the forge... I'll get even with you guys yet!

Bo

OK, I have to say this... Mr. Bagley you are too much. I had no idea these were lined breeches. I feel as though I stole them from you, evn though i agreed to finish them, these are top notch quality goods and I am very happy. They will not be ready in time for CoHT because I refuse to rush finishing them and screw them up. i will take my time and do it right. I would be ashamed for you to see them someday done half-assed.

For the rest of you, if Michael has something for sale, you better get it before I do!

Bo

Wow Bo,

I'm glad you are happy with them, although I have to ask how the pockets are for you?

I could barely squeeze my hands into the pockets, and I have pretty small hands. I'm glad you are happy they are lined, but are the pockets serviceable for you?

Michael_banner.jpg

POCKETS!?! OMG! I didn't even know those were there! I had to leave the 'puter to grab 'em and see. I'll have to let you know about that later, but even if they are too small it doesn't matter, I most likely won't use 'em for anything but maybe some script currency to pay the undertaker in case of my demise. :blink: I use a belt pouch fer me possibles.

Bo