Period Playing Cards

Smoke and Fire company sell a few different decks,

This Page has two different decks from the American Revolution War period.

And This Page has three other decks, one from the 1750's, and two from the lae 16th century.

I've seen other places that carry other decks from other periods, but that is the only online source I know of off the top of my head.

Michael_banner.jpg

There is also MacGrego Games. They carry Colonial Board Games adn other Pastimes as well.

Sorry that I do not have a link to their site, but my computer is acting a bit odd as of late.

If I remember he does have a few items that date back into the late 17th century.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Jas Townsend has cards & other games:

Games at Townsend

They also carry marbles, which is very handy as I have lost mine. B)

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

The only one I can vouch for is the Guyenne deck from Heritage Products. That deck is based off of one produced in France from ~1717 tp ~1750. I almost bought a deck myself on multiple occasions, each time with my wife's suggestions that I could do that myself echoing in my ears. I'm getting a complete linoleum-cutting kit this weekend, and will be starting on this project soon (as soon as my brother-in-law can hook me up with some nice sheets of soft, print-grade linoleum.)

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Greg Hudson has them for sale at almost all events. A friend gave me a deck for the ordinary ...very ordinary. B)

Greg's website is: http://www.revwarsupplier.com/index.html

Buy them from him if for no other reason than he's a nice guy. :D

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg