I was just wondering if any of yall know anything

about pirates that at one time sailed

near or around the Gerogia coast? I live about 30-40

miles max. from Brunswick and was very interested

in this. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, and

also, do any of my maties have and references or books

that metion pirates on the Georgia coast? Thanks fer

ye help me maties!! :ph34r:

When looking for prey, pirates tended to linger in the shipping lanes. With the exception of Savannah, there was not an abundance of ports in Georgia. In the early 1700's Savannah did not produce as much business in shipping as did her sister city, Charleston SC. Nonetheless, the sea islands of the Georgia coast, produced natural hiding and places to careen their ships. Some of the more famous pirates to venture through Georgia waters were; Blackbeard, Stede Bonnet, Sam Bellamy, Jack Rackham, Charles Vane, Mary Read, and Anne Bonny. I'm sure they nabbed a ship or two, coming up from Jamacia, right off your coast.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

Aye, Savannah probably be one of the only cities for Georgia piracy due to it's small little islands, Savannah River, and being close to Charleston. Check out http://www.thepirateshouse.com/

You'll find the story of Captain Flint and how he haunts the Pirates House restaurant and how tunnels under the restaurant were used to take drunken men out to the ships to forceably become pirates. Go to the Pirates House (it's downtown Savannah practically on River Street) and take a look. Really cool inside. You can see the stairs down to tunnels. They have a 1st edition of Treasure Island and lots of pirate stuff on the walls. But, don't bother to eat there- good food, too expensive.

Black Pearl

"An apt and true reply was given to Alexander the Great by a pirate who had been seized. For when that king had asked the man what he meant by keeping hostile possession of the sea, he answered with bold pride. 'What thou meanest by seizing the whole earth; but because I do it with a petty ship, I am called a robber, whilst thou who dost it with a great fleet art styled emperor." Saint Augustine