Anyone watching John Adams on HBO?

Aye... very impressive. I especially like how "strong" they have allowed Abagail to be.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I am so po'd.. :ph34r:

I saw the ad on the side of a bus as I left work...

Grrr I don't have HBO2!!

First Discovery Ch had all these shows, then they split and added History Channel.

I paid extra to get History, then they took all the good stuff off History and spread it out on the channels I now have to shell out another $40 a month to get!

Modern day pirates are called Cablevision :huh:

Aside from that...I love the history of John and Abagail. That whole pre revolutionary period is a wonderful read. So many strong personalities and brilliant minds both Military and politically.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Well...don't feel bad Red Cat Jenny. I don't have cable either...and haven't had it for the last 10 years.

I must be the only one out here in God's Country that doesn't have a dish. But I fear come the early winter of 2009 - I'm gonna have to!

I just realized that I've missed a whole decade of all the popular HBO shows such as Sex in the City, the Sapranos, Rome, and Deadwood (epecially seasons 2 & 3 of Deadwood because our Gunner was in them)!

Thank heavens for the local library who carry them all...but I just haven't gotten around to view them....and when I think about it they are always checked out.

I read the book and really would love to see how the actor Giavoni (*sp?) protrays as Adams. Knowing that Adams was so passionate about his views on freedom and having a temper to boot, I don't think he was look upon favorably by his peers.

I think the smartest thing he did was to befriend Thomas Jefferson. Though, that friendship was a love/hate relationship for over 40 years!

His wife Abagail had to be strong...she was without her husband for how many years?! Choices which would have been made by the head of the house fell upon her. A very brave woman indeed.

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Agreed on all counts.

Martha Washington as well

In a quote from her Bio

"After retiring from his presidency, George wrote that he believed he and Martha would dine alone that night for the first time in 20 years"

And regarding Franklin's wife..

"Deborah and Ben had a close marriage, except for the fact that for 18 of the 44 years of their union they lived apart."

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...