Ahoy!

CapnThorpe

I'm new here , been doing SCA as an Elizabethan privateer for 25 years, cause the Golden Age is post SCA period :D

lookin fer some pirate fun!

Some folks have mentioned being a fan of certain movies, for me it's The Black Swan, Captain Blood, The Sea Hawk, and while some may take offense at this, Cutthroat Island (Good fun in the classic style)

The Disney trio was fun (when the first one came out the SCA group I was in at the time talked the local theater into bringing us in for live fencing demos in the lobby and theatrical fencing at the beginning of each show on opening night)

After all it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, THEN IT's a GAME OF CHASE THE EYEBALL!

Yarrrrr!

:ph34r:

In real life I make jewelry and knives, and used to be a commercial photographer and musician.

Aye, welcome to th' Pub, Thorpe. Love th' name. ;)

Ye'll find no better group o' pirates, buccaneers, corsairs an' ne'er-do-wells.

Come sit. Ye buy th' drinks and will ensure ye'll have good and pleasureable company, mate! :D:ph34r:

Aye, GAoP is after the Ren times. I often don't go to the Faires cause I just don't feel right attending those dressed in attire from 200 years later. Being a reenactor, I don't want to be disrespectful and portray something in the wrong era. Just as much as when I'm portraying my era, not to have someone come in dressed in some other era or fiction which is disrespectful of our events.

Do post pictures of yo'rself in Rabble Rousing. There's a thread where you can post a pic or few of yo'rself in yo'r attire (garb to me sounds like you are vomiting :ph34r: ).

Again, welcome to th' Pub, mate!

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Greetingsovertherail-1.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Welcome to the pub... since the first round is on you, I shall have a glass of Port....make it Tawny. Many thanks.

hmmm chase the eyeball?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Welcome to the pub... since the first round is on you, I shall have a glass of Port....make it Tawny. Many thanks.

hmmm chase the eyeball?

AYYYYYY whatelse?, well there's skullball, but thats about 900 years too early,and severed heads are a bit heavy to kick without hurtin yer foot (and if ya gots a peg it tends to get stuck in the hole the eyball came out a anyways) and too many opportunities fer davey Jones to claim the head and spoil yer fun! :lol:

:huh:

I'm outa tawny port, but there's a nice local white port, not quite as oaky

and then ther'es Pussers Navy Rum!

:huh::huh::lol::lol:B)