The PotC ships

LadyBarbossa

I know there was a thread on this somewhere, couldn't find it.

But I remember there was talk of the Flying Dutchman being removed from Castaway Cay due to it's state and condition of being idle too long.

Tis interesting the videos on YouTube of several people taking video of the Black Pearl in a couple places around So Cal.

Where be these two infamous vessels now?

I believe someone was pulling my leg when they said the Black Pearl has managed to attend a Tall Ship fest or two along the western coast. Be this a truth or as I suspect, a folly.

hehe, we all know thus far what the Lady Washington and the Bounty be up to.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Well I can tell you, the Black Pearl is not sailing around the west coast.

I suspect the pictures you speak of are from those who took to the water in San Pedro to see the ship. I think there's some pic's floating around of some of the sites too.

All pic's are old ones.

aye, RumbaRue. Those vids on YouTube were from during or after the production back in 2006 and I think someone even had one from 2007. :::Shrugs::: I'll have to go back and look.

But I am mighty curious to know what has become of these two legendary vessels.

I still think they should be made into proper tall ships and go to pirate fests and other events around the world or at least around the US. -_-

~Lady B

-_-

The Black Pearl is a barge, not a ship. Only one side of the barge is made to look like the Black Pearl.

The Flying Dutchman is also a barge, but is fully demensional from all sides. The last I heard it was still at Castaway Cay. It's been a big draw for the Disney Cruise Line. I was hoping to see it in person this May, but alas that is not to be.

The Lady Washington, also known as the Interceptor, is a true tallship and is currently sailing the west coast with this year's ASTA schedule. The Royaliste participated in this on the east coast last year.

Rather than pining after the barges, you should go out on a true Tallship. This is much more stimulating than the barges are. Next time Royaliste is in your area, you should make a trip to sail on it. With their black powder guns and tight deck, you will see, taste, smell, touch and hear the life of a pirate. Once you experience that, you won't miss the barges.

Fair winds,

~BHP

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Oh, don't get me wrong, mates. By all means, I adore Tall Ships of all sorts. Wish I could set foot upon all of them.

Been upon the HMS Bounty m'self. And the Nina. And of course the not-so-period vessel the Windy 2 based out of Chicago. Even hoisted the mailsail with Sjoroveren last summer. Hell of a sight we were.

Each time walking on th' decks and seein' a ship with sails sturs m' soul to no ends.

Just curious where those giant prop ships (last I heard they were made into working ships, granted not fully tall ships, with all the stuffing inside and out, but still seaworthy, etc.)... had gotten off to. Especially the Black Pearl.

Aye, last I heard that the Dutchman was at Castaway Cay but was being hauled out due to it wasn't made to sit in water and do nothing. :lol: Normal of a vessel. It'll deteriorate if left in the elements and nothing is done with it.

Easy enough to know the location of the Dutchman. But curiosity of others sparked my interest in knowing where now the Black Pearl is berthed.

Again, don't get me wrong about all the tall ships out there. I'm utterly envious of Silkie right now for being on the Kalmar Nyckel. Fantastic looking vessel, I whimper reading Silkie's reports and saw the images of the ship.

One of many I wish to see.

Curiosity, mates. Curiosity.

~Lady B

:lol:

The Black Pearl is a barge, not a ship. Only one side of the barge is made to look like the Black Pearl.

The Flying Dutchman is also a barge, but is fully demensional from all sides. The last I heard it was still at Castaway Cay. It's been a big draw for the Disney Cruise Line. I was hoping to see it in person this May, but alas that is not to be.

The Lady Washington, also known as the Interceptor, is a true tallship and is currently sailing the west coast with this year's ASTA schedule. The Royaliste participated in this on the east coast last year.

Rather than pining after the barges, you should go out on a true Tallship. This is much more stimulating than the barges are. Next time Royaliste is in your area, you should make a trip to sail on it. With their black powder guns and tight deck, you will see, taste, smell, touch and hear the life of a pirate. Once you experience that, you won't miss the barges.

Fair winds,

~BHP

One of the ships in POTC2, the Pearl, I think, is a real ship of sorts. She was built on the hull of one of those offshore oil rig supply boats......saw some photos of her construction, in a Mobile shipyard.

KP

I saw the Black Pearl in person. Sailed right up to it in a sailboat. It's a barge, not a ship. The platform was lowered on the starboard side for loading. You can clearly see from it's starboard side that it is a barge.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I saw the Black Pearl in person. Sailed right up to it in a sailboat. It's a barge, not a ship. The platform was lowered on the starboard side for loading. You can clearly see from it's starboard side that it is a barge.

They did have a BP on a barge. Only parts of that remain.

They also have a fully built, sailable BP that was fashioned around the hull of another ship. Fully functional with both sail and motor.

It cost a fourtune, is really quite lovely aboard and below desks and Disney never throws good money after bad so yes, they still have it and use it for Charity events.

The ship sails only when required now to keep it in good shape for.... whatever happens in the future so your both right. :unsure:

:unsure:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Charity events? Like that "Party on the Black Pearl" from Verizon for Verizon customers?

:::Whimpers::: Wish I could have tried for that. Not with Verizon though. Bugger.

Would have been INCREDIBLY fun to have a party with all ye here on the Black Pearl!

Course. walkin' on the decks of the Flying Dutchman would be fun, too. :lol:

~Lady B

<_<

Which means if it was in the Verizon commercial, then I'm guessing the full replica of the Black Pearl is sitting somewhere on the East coast. I suspect it is probably sitting in the shipyard that services the cruise ships?

~Black Hearted Pearl

I suspect it is probably sitting in the shipyard that services the cruise ships?

Hmmm... dunno but maybe I can find out fer ye. <_<

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif