Dr Syn, Alias the Scarecrow

Always happy to pass along news that folks are on the prowl for :D

He tells me the restoration is WONDERFUL! B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazon has it so you get notified when its available. Dr. Syn, Alias the Scarecrow (1964)

What happened at Amazon???

I was on that list t' be notified when it becomes available as well, but since their recent slight 'changes', now they only seem t' be offering:

1-used DVD price: $197.00

B)

$197.00!??! I could buy me two pair o' breeches and half a shirt for that much coin!!!

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Amazon has it so you get notified when its available. Dr. Syn, Alias the Scarecrow (1964)

What happened at Amazon???

I was on that list t' be notified when it becomes available as well, but since their recent slight 'changes', now they only seem t' be offering:

1-used DVD price: $197.00

B)

$197.00!??! I could buy me two pair o' breeches and half a shirt for that much coin!!!

Amazon does not know about the release date.

I do.

Now you do to.

I work for the company releasing it.

See?

Easy. :D

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Thank you, ever so much Madame Bess.

It is needless to say that release dates have been rumored to exist for years. Having heard, yet again, that such was to take place left me...shall we say, skeptical? Being that it is yourself confirming release, I can rest assured that finally there is validity to the claim. So all that remains is the long wait to find conclusion with greatened anticipation.

Merci beaucoup, cherie!!

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

Hmmm, definitely going on my Christmas/Yule list...

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Amazon does not know about the release date.

I do.

Now you do to.

I work for the company releasing it.

See?

Easy. B)

Bu-u-u-u-t...c041.gif

Is this Disney feller's gonna be as good as th' $197 version??

I mean, like $197 for a "Used" copy....that must be one hellava version indeed!!! 'n me pappy always tell'd me "Son, ye only gets what ye pays fer...unless ye steals it." that what he always tells me he does B)

a025.gif

(shrug)

You get what you pay for.

I'd go for the cheaper one in November but your life is your own so do as you will if you canna wait for it. <_<

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

So when is the Mouse going to remake this one? Would be nice...I would actually like to see it redone...loved the first one.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

So when is the Mouse going to remake this one? Would be nice...I would actually like to see it redone...loved the first one.

Ewww....

They are already going to re make the Swamp Fox.

Must they sully EVERY good memory?? <_<

(wink. wink)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I was hoping naught for a 'remake' but for them t' do the other books...kinda hard after so many years however, try'n t' find an actor to replace th' original yet string it all together.

I Know!! They can get that feller what played 'Jack' in that movie 'bout pirates!!

<_<

oh, but they would have t' find a way t' hide he's tail thou, otherwise everyone will know he's a monkey...

Wow! Dr. Syn out for Christmas?! I know a very happy Sea Captain who would love this ( <_< )....

Swamp Fox?! Gosh, was that the one with Leslie Nielsen waaayy back in the early 1960s?

Who is playing Francis Marion's role in the remake, Iron Bess?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Who is playing Francis Marion's role in the remake, Iron Bess?

As far as I know nothing has been cast as of yet.

When it comes across here I'll let you know when I'm able to. :(

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Must they sully EVERY good memory?? :blink:

(wink. wink)

Wink, wink indeed... The Swamp Fox a good memory... hardly....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Well, since my guyfriend Wally has that cool costume of the Scarecrow, knows people at Disney and also has been doing a lot work at Disney as well, he's on the bonus features of this dvd. Can't wait to see it when it comes out in November. Wally of course is so happy he was part of this project. :rolleyes:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Must they sully EVERY good memory??  B)

(wink. wink)

Wink, wink indeed... The Swamp Fox a good memory... hardly....

Yeah... I think it was that dreadful hat! :unsure:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Countin' down the days till I can add this to my collection of favorite dvd's.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

• 2 months later...

I got my order placed a while ago, and am looking forward to its release. I can still remember seeing this on Wonderful World of Disney, and to be sure, Pat is wonderful as the good Rev. Syn Syn...what a name for a doctor of religion!)

Damn, thats sharp!

You got your order in??? When I go there they just let me click a button to be 'notified' when its released??? :P

...just like me last girlfriend, I did naught 'loose' her, I know exactly where she be, just when I go there someone else is do'n her :P

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry it took this long to reply...

Now, if ye go onto Amazon.com and enter Dr Syn, select it, on the page that comes up, on the right under "Quanity", there should be a "Preorder" option.

Or to make things easy, you should be able to follow this link, as below, which should bring up the Dr Syn page...just look where it sez "Preorder". Should be right there on upper right side...no need to scroll.

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Syn-Scarecrow-Rom...0408&sr=1-1

You got your order in??? When I go there they just let me click a button to be 'notified' when its released??? :ph34r:

...just like me last girlfriend, I did naught 'loose' her, I know exactly where she be, just when I go there someone else is do'n her :ph34r:

Damn, thats sharp!

I'm planning on taking my copy with me on the long bus trip I'm planning to Disney World at the end of the year. Anderson Coach and Tour be the bus company...good outfit, I've travelled with them before. I'm looking forward to it...anything that gets me *out* of NE Ohio in the winter is a *good* thing...expecially if it means I go someplace tropical.

Damn, thats sharp!

It's about BLOODY TIME the Mouse finally did something about this movie. I been waitin' since it came out in VHS in the 1980s. :lol:

I have the perfect actor for Dr. Syn - none other than our own Geoffrey Rush, portrayer of Captain Barbosa.

In Black Pearl, after he scares Elizabeth by standing in the moonlight on the deck and showing her he's a ghost he then slams the doors, drinks a bottle of wine and then throws it away laughing like a maniac. The laugh sounds very much like the Scarecrow's. I've been making that comment since the DVD came out. :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Hadn't thought about it, but if there were a remake, yes, I can see Geoffrey Rush in the role...

It's about BLOODY TIME the Mouse finally did something about this movie. I been waitin' since it came out in VHS in the 1980s. :unsure:

I have the perfect actor for Dr. Syn - none other than our own Geoffrey Rush, portrayer of Captain Barbosa.

In Black Pearl, after he scares Elizabeth by standing in the moonlight on the deck and showing her he's a ghost he then slams the doors, drinks a bottle of wine and then throws it away laughing like a maniac. The laugh sounds very much like the Scarecrow's. I've been making that comment since the DVD came out. :lol:

Damn, thats sharp!

Dr. Syn and Hellboy, th' Golden Army o' Pirates!!!!

MOVIE NIGHT!!!

:unsure: