Hooks! Hooks!

Capt Thighbiter

I made me self a right nice hook, it come out so well I figured to see if there is any interest on the Pub for them.

Made from heat treated 3/8" crome-vanadium steel, I can make 'em sharp or dull, with or with out the leather sleeve ( to hide your real hand). Welded on T handle.

Just the thing for your scurvey pirate kit, and will scare the living

be-jesus out of the young-uns.

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

with or with out the leather sleeve ( to hide your real hand).

er...t'hide our real arm??

ye mean's ye don't just cut that one off like a real pirate?!

:lol:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Have any pictures?

Colors of the Sea Nymph

PirateFlagAxesig.jpg

"Let's drink a Damn to the Halter, lads, and them that lives to wear it"--Bartholomew Roberts

"You are a devilish conscience rascal, I am a free prince, and I have as much authority to make war on the whole world, as he who has a hundred sail of ships at sea, and an army of 100,000 men in the field; and this my conscience tells me: but there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure."--Sam Bellamy

I'll post a few Monday. These are NOT the polyester pirate kind, all chrome plated and fancy ( though one could have it chrome plated if'n ye has that bent). These are a sea-dogs hook, made by the ships armorer or blacksmith.

If one had a favorite cup or tankard, they can be fitted to actually hold it, a trick I saw last year at the Baltimore Invasion. Very cool.

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

Any type of leather covering for the hand...er stub eh?

Colors of the Sea Nymph

PirateFlagAxesig.jpg

"Let's drink a Damn to the Halter, lads, and them that lives to wear it"--Bartholomew Roberts

"You are a devilish conscience rascal, I am a free prince, and I have as much authority to make war on the whole world, as he who has a hundred sail of ships at sea, and an army of 100,000 men in the field; and this my conscience tells me: but there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure."--Sam Bellamy

Jill,

If I could find someone with a wood lathe or a source for cheap small wooden bowls, I'd go that route. I'm still experimentin'.

Your friends hook looks nice, but with the shiney stuff and the woody thing, I'm back back up to $350 hooks, which is nuts ( in my cheap ass world).

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

Jill, your friends Hook design is very nice indeed Bravo! Good idea to use the wood end to cover the skin...almost like the peg leg wood idea...so it carry's forth..good design concept on his part..kudos again.

Capt, besides this wood design..a metal design cupped area would look cool too..just a thought.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Oh-ho.... SWEET!!!

Will that sleeve get too hot in the summer months? Not at the beaches I suppose.....

Very nice! :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

The really cool thing about how I have the sleeve attached - it's easily replaced with lighter leather or even cloth.

Basically theres a cir-clip ( known as a retaining ring) that fits in the groove at the base of the cup. Pinch the clip and the sleeve comes off.

Whaa- Laa

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands