Foreign Knock-Off, Novelty, Lizard-Eye, Hologram G

William Brand

My friend Jeremy and I were talking about various subjects a few months back, when he happens to mention this guy named Greg Raymer. "Who's that?" I ask. He proceeds to tell me that there is this professional poker player named Greg Raymer who wears my glasses. He doesn't just wear them now and then, he wears them all of the time. See Wikipedia article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Raymer

You see I made these lizard hologram glasses when I worked at Krystal Holographics back in 1995. You know the kind I'm talking about. Silly, novelty, hologram glasses. Don't get me wrong, I thought they turned out well for what they were back then, but I thought Jeremy was pulling my leg. I mean, novelty, lizard, hologram glasses...? But sure enough, I did a google image search on a whim tonight and there they are, plain as day. I also searched for Greg Raymer, and sure enough, there they are again...but it gets better. It seems that they've become enough of an icon that some companies have created Greg Raymer knock-off Lizard Hologram glasses. I kid you not. My stupid lizard glasses are being cranked out by knock-off companies in the UK and elsewhere.

It's freaky.

I need to call Greg Raymer and offer to sell him the original casting for the hologram model. Oh yes.

Greg Raymer

wsop_champs_raymer.jpg

Lizard glases

dr-0005.gif

Knock-offs

CTS00511lg.jpg

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

William was telling me this yesterday as we chatted about things art..how bizarre...you wind up in places you've never been.

freaky indeed....

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...