Skeleton Replica

Misson

I was wandering around eBay looking for old medical instruments when I came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330207861503

For those of you who are at least passingly familiar with skeleton replicas (*ahem* Lily), look closely at this one. It's different than both the standard female and Bucky skeletons you can buy. The positioning of the bones and the sculpt is different. Ooooh, I'd like to have three different kinds of skeleton replicas... (I don't know why this is, however.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Here is where haunters get theirs. I got 2 of them quite a few years ago. While they are not perfect, they are great for show. They do weigh approx. 60 lbs each. If you are in a "haunters group" and go to a "gathering" of sorts you may get a great deal on them.

Boneyard Buckeys

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

Here is where haunters get theirs. I got 2 of them quite a few years ago. While they are not perfect, they are great for show. They do weigh approx. 60 lbs each. If you are in a "haunters group" and go to a "gathering" of sorts you may get a great deal on them.

Boneyard Buckeys

Aye the Bucky's are what the Stranglehold uses also.

Boneyard Buckeys

I did some installation work for a museum awhile back and if you are looking to age the bones use watered down acrylic paint , wipe on, let dry for a a few seconds and wipe off repeat. I used a layers of different browns and some yellows and the occasional red browns and black (very sparingly) I used rags and sponges to vary the decay effect.

and because of this post, I went in search for photos: http://www.dnalc.org/ddnalc/exhibitionandm...nesweshare.html

although the image is poor, i never saw the installation finished but you can sorta get the point- the human furthest back was the one I worked on with another artist and just for sake of excitement, I helped build the cave room that is housed in, although I left the internship before it was complete.

"It is more like I am transitioning from a pirate hobby to the pirate lifestyle"- me

pub_footer.jpg

Yeah, 4th string Buckys are the skeleton of choice - I have two of 'em. I also have a female (Buckys are male skeletons) that I bought about 10 years ago before I'd ever heard of Buckys. I just noticed that this one (which was apparently from 1948) is a sculpt unique from both the Bucky (which has a very high rib cage) and the female I have (which has more erect ribs and a different head sculpt entirely). I just thought that one was cool.

Thanks for the tips on paint washing bones! I generally don't touch my skeletons directly because I reuse them all the time and I never know what effect I want to go for. I frequently use painter's tape, liquid latex and toilet paper for mottled skin. That way you can just rip the tape off, latex, paint, tp and all. Works like a charm!

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg