Drifting on the current

MadL

Ahoy, wayward scoundrel requesting permission ta board? Seeking rum and mayhem I be, the Mad L is what they calls me.

oh, an uh, been lurkin in the bilge fer some time now....rum be all gone down there, any left up here?

;)

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Welcome to th' Pub, MadL

Glad t' see ye've come out t' play.

Drink? So that b' were it all went! well, mate... ye be buyin' an' Ray has plenty t' drink. So... why not a glass o' Hypnotic fo' this Lady.

Do tell us a wee bit 'bout thy piraty self. Hmm?

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

one takard o' Hypnotic fer the lady it be and drinks all round!

;)

bout th' piraty me eh? Well, I just be a wayward scoundrel drifting with the tide. I have no crew (I be in the market ye might say...), I be not a reenactor either, more o' the free spirit I suppose. I am the son of a boat builder, boat not ship, who builds no more. Be just a fancier of pirates and the pirate life since a wee lad, that's me and that's what I am.

In the 80's tried to join the Navy but was turn'd way, told they only want'd colledge lads at that time, same wi't the wing nuts, so it be the King's Royal Army fer me, served four yar and a score o' months after wich it be back to civy life. Also fancied watchin the guls as they glide through the sky, the King's Royal Army refused me every effort to mimic them, but in civy life found me chance git me feet off the ground, no commanders to hold me back and no rules to bind me down. So fer the last seventeen yar that is just what me did, flew wi't the eagles, wi't a flock who call themself the USPA.

Recent an accident around the homestead rendered me immobile fer several month while me arm took ta healin' now I be back but, much heavier then befer, too heavy fer me wings to carry even. So while I be working at rectify'n that been figurin it be time to indulge in other fancies, ones wi't me feet solid on the ground. One fancy I never spend much time chasin befer was the sword, now I finds me self wi't the time. And thus this brings us to the here and today. Have most o' me pirate garb nearly complete, however perhaps not exactly to GAoP specs, but just be testin the waters we be and still in seek fer me dream sword as well as a master to show me some dance step.

Well, ye asked....oh, and me name. Yes, it be givin me in the Royal Army fer none of me commanders could pronounciate me name in proper German so they gave me that name, and best I did to live up to it, if ye git me drift.

;) hu, me cup be dry again...

ArticlesofConductskeletcopy.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

And Drink up!

Greetingsovertherail.jpg

Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

Welcome to tha pub mate!..Eagh EAgh.. ;)

Noquarter2copy.jpg

Ahrr, oderlesseye, tis that be the best sized thimble o' ale ta be had? Come now lad, I thought this be a drinkin crew?

...and about them Articles of Conduct, them do be more like... 'guidelines', eh?

blackbrd.jpg

Ahoy, wayward scoundrel requesting permission ta board? Seeking rum and mayhem I be, the Mad L is what they calls me.

oh, an uh, been lurkin in the bilge fer some time now....rum be all gone down there, any left up here?

;)

Avast ye Matey! Come on over an' 'ave a seat at me table. I got this round. Barkeep! Serve us some of yer best bilge water fer me friend 'ere.

So, Mad L, ye be lookin' fer a crew, do ye? I been ponderin' findin' one, m'self. I got a ship, me poor dead 'usband's ship, the "Black N' Red Dove". She be moored at the pier furthest down. M' crew's been givin' me grief since I sliced off Ol' Blood n' Guts Bill's ear. Well, he be the unlucky soul what killed m' 'usband, ye know. He's lucky he be a dear old uncle t' me, or he'd be chum fer the sharkey's he would. But, m' crew don't seem t' see it that way. They ain't mutinyin' against me, but they do sets t' groanin' about it awful loud.

Since we tied up 'ere, I gave 'em all th' choice of stayin' on as me crew, or takin' a walk and findin' other work. If there be anyone what decides to stay on, they best not be givin' any further grief, or it'll be their own ears ahangin' off me belt...or perhaps, better, their tongues.

*takes a long swallow and brushes a tear away* ;)

Ah, damn! I been drinkin' too much o' this swill.

Blast! I loves them ol' mates. Most o' them I grew up knowin' as m' uncles. Now, I might be losin' 'em as me crew. 'Twould be a better thing t' be losin' them jack'n'apes what called themselves me 'usband's crew. Blighters! Oh, I didn't tell ye, I 'ad me own ship at one time, now did I? Mine was ready to sink t' the depths, she was, an' this fancy pants Cap'n fell fer me an' asked me to marry 'im and join our two crews together. I did it, an' now it's been nothin' but whinin' and fightin' aboard the Black n' Red Dove. Even takin' dear Ol' Bill's ear warn't enough t' quiet the lot.

I suppose I'll be findin' out soon enough what sorta loyalty there be t' me.

Damn! I'm empty again! Barkeep, there be double the coin fer ye if'n ye keeps me goblet filled!

Fergive me, Mad L. Now, what was that ye be sayin' about lookin' fer a crew?

Drink up NOW, me Hearties, fer tomorra ye may surely die!

JezzyAtFLARFsmaller.jpg

Aye, Jezzy The Butcher, I be seekin a crew. Exceptin yer ship be quite some distance ferm me own home port it be. Havin just stepped into th life of piracy and me home port be sittin on the west coast, Hippolyte de Bouchard's old playgrounds.

Lookin o'r the calander logs it do appear that ye in the east be hav'n more fun however?...it had alway occure to me that it should be we blonde scoundrels in the west fer such a claim?

In th' past it be the Ren show that had me mark fer each yar, but now I find piracy gatherin none the more plenty on this side o' the map, perhaps it will take a keener ear around these har taverns to find the places where a scoundrel can get out an' scare up some madness and mayhem.

But that thar Piratecon do look the place that be right fer that! Perhaps next yar I be settin me sail in that direction an' perhaps th' current may take me through that thar Ohio straight...ye be knowin if I pass, just listen fer the screams of terror!

An' Rumba Rue, had me arm sewn back once...surely do not want to near loose the other! But...some how, just handin o'r me booty just don' seem right...perhaps ye set'le fer another drought o' grog instead?

...oh, by and by, that not be a question open ta debate it not... :P

-----

The Rule Book....more a set of 'guidelines' really:

Ifin thar be one thing learnt to me while servin in th' King's ranks was that,

If a man live by th' book

Then he will sorely die by th' sword.

...fer th' sword don't read

Guidelines..EEErrrr Wot RRR those? :P

Noquarter2copy.jpg

But that thar Piratecon do look the place that be right fer that! Perhaps next yar I be settin me sail in that direction an' perhaps th' current may take me through that thar Ohio straight...ye be knowin if I pass, just listen fer the screams of terror!

Mad L, it be them screams o' terror what sent me away from Ohio! Of course, it me what caused most of 'em! :P I'll be sailin' back t' that place again in April and then in July, but only fer a short stay, then it be time to sail t' some faraway land again. Give us a shout should ye decide to make way t' th' east. We'll be watchin' fer ye. :P

JezzyAtFLARFsmaller.jpg

*Speaks up from next to Jezzy*

Guidelines mate? They be instruction fer those who don't what they're doin' wi'out being told ter do.

Be ye looking fer a ship and crew MadL? I be in the same market as it it'wer. I too served me time in t' service o' good [relatively speakin' of course] King Nixon. Spent a few years in the company o' swordsmen and brawlers [sCA] and several more with Cap'n Grey on the good ship Sunrider [Rebel Legion Sunrider Base] as first mate. I crew mainly as quartermaster though, tis not as stuffy a post. No insult ta the captains and mates here.

*Pauses to fire up his pipe and take a sip o' rum*

mcdrago; ah, the brawlin swordsmen, aye, I tried ta break in wit that clan once...they would not even gi'me light fer me pipe wit'out a 'sponser' they say. Spent many a weekend in a local park til I fin'ly met instead some seriously crazy birds who took me under wing, so ta speak, an fr'm thar I spent me days on a local fly team. Sor'ta like body surfin only wit'out any water...well, except'in on them stormy days.

Then I went down ta a local com-unity school, began to check into a fencin class thar but at that time I be still drag'n the carcass of a harpie on me coat tail, since dispatched her an' return ta the sky again....oh how I love the sound of clashin steel in th' mornin...still long fer the smell of avgas too however, but steel be right good it be...the glint, the shiny....ya, I be lik'n the sharp pointy things, right I do.

Jacky Tar; Mad L....well, I think it be the letters that be sown to me tag when I served the ranks o' the king. In German it be pronounced like a 'model' ship in a bot'le but them barnacle bellied commanders giv ta me a new way of pronounc'in it; the first day of enlistment, they could not speak it so after three o' them tried, yellin and a screamin they be, fin'ly the ugliest, meanest one o' them, he walk up to me and he say "Fr'm now on ye be Mad L!" and from then on I be Mad L.

And I made sure it be that I give the name true meanin too. Thar be the copperhead I keep in me foot locker, thar be the tankard size spiders I made me friends durin war game in the blasted desert, an thar be the gaters and other crawlies fr'm Georgia and Florida that just kept show'in up in me quarters....

One hot and sultry day whilst in th' swamps of Florida we be trainin fer survival, the local commander he come to me and say "Yer commander back in the Fort Bennin' wants ye to know yer arss be grass whenst ye gets back...that all he be sayin, says ye will know why?"

Uh oh!

Aye, one o' me bunk mates got caught slip'in under the door by the night watchmen on duty, he did. Well, when I gets back me whole quarters had been ransack'd, all me mates rounded up and put in irons. The First Mate he come to me in morning ranks and he whisper in me ear; "If I catch one more critter in yer quarters, even be it a harmless bilge rat, I be see'n ya hang ferm the hightest yardarm I can find, UNDERSTAND?"

....next day I head'd me self back into th' swamp....

:rolleyes:

gots some oth'r tale to spin I do, ones that put the Mad in the L, but they be harder to make fer sea farin they be, diffr'nt kind o' blue...but pret'y much wear ever I go they be giv'n me the name of MAD....the L, well that thar be me da's branch o' the tree what bern me.

*Takes another sip o' rum*

Wal now, my time in the King's service was wi' them flyboys. Didn' git in da air much, except ta hitch a ride from one port ta another. Me job was ta inspect those birds after they was swabbed. One of them blamed birds almost took me out, some fool forgot ta set the chocks. Close call, me shack got flattened though.

*Takes another sip o' rum*

Wal now, my time in the King's service was wi' them flyboys. Didn' git in da air much, except ta hitch a ride from one port ta another. Me job was ta inspect those birds after they was swabbed. One of them blamed birds almost took me out, some fool forgot ta set the chocks. Close call, me shack got flattened though.

Sorry t' hear that, McDrago. Glad t' know ye survived it.

I was once hitched t' a Swab in His Majesty's service. He was one o' them tendin' t' th' birds that took flight off one of his royal highness' ships.

*fondles one of three shrunken heads hangin' off her belt, rememberin' the old days*

I only spent a few days at a time aboard them ships, but it told me that's what I would rather be doin' than standin' around on the shores, unless'n, of course, I be huntin' fer buried treasure, 'r plunderin' me some fine rums and fruits t' be makin' me a barrel of m' special Scarlet Jezabel. Some sweet and dangerous nectar thar be, boys!

*takes a good hearty swig from her goblet*

JezzyAtFLARFsmaller.jpg

And I made sure it be that I give the name true meanin too. Thar be the copperhead I keep in me foot locker, thar be the tankard size spiders I made me friends durin war game in the blasted desert, an thar be the gaters and other crawlies fr'm Georgia and Florida that just kept show'in up in me quarters....

One hot and sultry day whilst in th' swamps of Florida we be trainin fer survival, the local commander he come to me and say "Yer commander back in the Fort Bennin' wants ye to know yer arss be grass whenst ye gets back...that all he be sayin, says ye will know why?"

Uh oh!

Aye, one o' me bunk mates got caught slip'in under the door by the night watchmen on duty, he did. Well, when I gets back me whole quarters had been ransack'd, all me mates rounded up and put in irons. The First Mate he come to me in morning ranks and he whisper in me ear; "If I catch one more critter in yer quarters, even be it a harmless bilge rat, I be see'n ya hang ferm the hightest yardarm I can find, UNDERSTAND?"

....next day I head'd me self back into th' swamp....

:rolleyes:

gots some oth'r tale to spin I do, ones that put the Mad in the L, but they be harder to make fer sea farin they be, diffr'nt kind o' blue...but pret'y much wear ever I go they be giv'n me the name of MAD....the L, well that thar be me da's branch o' the tree what bern me.

Sounds like ye be named proper, Mad L! Here's t' ye! B)

JezzyAtFLARFsmaller.jpg

Meester MadL ya seems t'bae a mawdal pyrate buot, wit out a ship wot er ya t' do? Dare er many a seafarin lad and lass on d' left coast ...um sure yul fin sumun t'crew wit soon. I'd invite ya t'play wit my crew but most are virtual n'd'remainder r ear in d'east wit mae.

Well, ears t'ya. Welkum t'd poub. Ears opin det tings liven up a bit round ere. Ray ...he's d'feller wor serves m'beer ...e'n is wife er barely makin ends meet wit so few customers round ere."

In other words welcome. Stay a while. Buy a round. B)

"makin' me a barrel of m' special Scarlet Jezabel. Some sweet and dangerous nectar thar be, boys!"

*takes a good hearty swig from her goblet*

*red-faced with some steam coming out his ears*

The lassy ain't lying mates! That be some heady brew she be a'drinkin!

Not recommended for the faint o' heart! Last time I be havin' grog that strong twas' in a swamp. A witchy woman gave me a cup o' somethin' ta drink. Her name be Tia somethin' or other. She fair gave me the shivers, mates, but I bartered this here key from her. Said twould' open any lock, course I didn' find out till later she meant any lock I didn' want ta get inter.

*red-faced with some steam coming out his ears*

The lassy ain't lying mates! That be some heady brew she be a'drinkin!

Not recommended for the faint o' heart! Last time I be havin' grog that strong twas' in a swamp. A witchy woman gave me a cup o' somethin' ta drink. Her name be Tia somethin' or other. She fair gave me the shivers, mates, but I bartered this here key from her. Said twould' open any lock, course I didn' find out till later she meant any lock I didn' want ta get inter.

Well, I'll not tell 'ow I come about makin' this potion, but it can cause ye to do some strange thin's an' ye won't e'en remember what it were ye done! Trust me! I found this out the hard way! But, I am th' only one what can make it a little less lethal, as I be th' only one what knows exactly what it's made of. But, ye be enjoyin' it while ye be drinkin' of it, ain't it the truth, McDrago.

By th' way, Sir, did m' good friend, Tia happen t' mention where she be gettin' that brew? *wicked wink*

Now, what was it we was a chattin' about? *evil grin*

Hellooooo...don't be tellin me you be fadin', too, Sir. Is there no man what can drink with me without fallin' off 'is barrel?

*gives McDrago a bit of a pinch on th' arm*

Hmmmm...looks like I might be gettin' me a quartermaster, afterall. B)

JezzyAtFLARFsmaller.jpg

Good ta meet Silkie McDonough! 'an why not anoth'r round it be!

:Another Drink All Round It Be!: B)

mcdrago, Jezzy The Butcher; Aye them flyboys be a odd lot indeed, why ye knows they even stay IN them birds when they come down?? they gots some much more nerve then this har bird, dn't mind them taken me up but then js't shows me th' plank fer I can come down on me own just fine thankye!!!

:P

Now, what was it we was a chattin' about? *evil grin*

Hellooooo...don't be tellin me you be fadin', too, Sir. Is there no man what can drink with me without fallin' off 'is barrel?

*gives McDrago a bit of a pinch on th' arm*

Hmmmm...looks like I might be gettin' me a quartermaster, afterall. B)

*Comes to with a start, grabs for his sword....forgetting he stowed it with the barkeep per house rules*

AVAST THERE!!! REPEL ALL BOARDERS!!!

*Realizes where he is*

Er....belay that. Blast yer eyes, ifn' ye don't make a mighty fine drink lass. Methinks I best be a drinkin' coffee for the time bein'.

Ye remind me of me 4th wife, sassy wench she was. Handy with a fryin' pan, dontcha know.

Barkeep...coffee ifn' ya please!