Beginnin' at th' Beginnin'

Aye, lass some one knows somewhat an' that's fer certain. Methinks somethin can be done fer that.

*Looks over at where MadL and his new cat are sleeping peacefully on the table*

Nay lass, let the lad sleep. He did after all try ter rescue yer unca bill. A good man he be fer sure. Nay, I dinna ken of any ships. Twas my main reason fer comin' here as ye recall.

*Pats her hand and then get up and finds the barkeep*

*Comes back over and then stands on the bench, then raises his voice so all can hear*

AVAST THERE MATES! If anyone knows anything about what happened on the dock tonight, see me or the lady here. Twill be a gold dubloon fer ye as payment if yer information be of worth.

*Gets back down and offers his hand*

I got us a room fer the night. Ye can have the bed an I'll take a chair and sit with it against the door, just in case o' trouble.

*Takes Mcdrago's hand, trying to steady herself.*

'Tis a good idea t' find out what these here scallywags might know. I think someone might be tempted by yer offer of the d'bloon. I agree, there has to be "someone" here who knows "somethin'" about that mess at the pier.

*Stands on the bench next to Mcdrago and shouts*

A'RIGHT YE BILGERATS! There be more than just a gold d'bloon in th' offerin' if'n ye come talk t' one 'r both of us 'n can tell us what ye know about th' fire! I'll be triplin' Mcdrago's offer 'n givin' ye a barrel o' rum, as well!

*Gives Mcdrago a wink and a squeeze of the hand, then steps down off the bench*

Whad'ya think, m' dragon hearted mate? That should loosen some tongues. Now, 'bout that room. Thanks fer settin' us up. I think I mighta stayed up all night down in this pub waitin' t' learn somethin'. Sleep's been th' furthest thought from m' mind. Bless me, but I think ye shall make a worthy first mate!

*notices a gent heading in their direction. Her heart begins to race a bit, in hopes that the man will offer up some good information*

Drink up NOW, me Hearties, fer tomorra ye may surely die!

JezzyAtFLARFsmaller.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome., and what ye be butchering bye the way?

Welcome, ye say? So, how long ye been in this pub? Seems like we been here fer quite a spell.

*twists her red curls around her finger in contemplation*

Funny, but I don't recall seein' ye in here earlier, sir. What might ye be goin' by? I be known as Jezzy. And, apparently, ye know what the men be callin' me..."Jezzy the Butcher". I do believe ye know a bit more about me than I've been privileged to know about ye, Sir.

*Pulls up a chair from an adjacent table*

'ave a seat 'ere, 'n tell me somethin' about yerself. And, might ye be havin' some news regardin' the fire on the "Bonney Wind" at th' end o' th' pier earlier?

*Looks up at Mcdrago who's keeping his vigilance stance, rather than to sit*

JezzyAtFLARFsmaller.jpg

*Mad L's dream:

Off in another pub, in another sea, Mad L battles an awful lot; blagards, scoundrels, and scalawags, they be...oh, and scantly clad female pirates too.

Horrible fight it is, but as usual Mad L triumphs again in piss'n off them tardy-gaited giglets. Hoot'n and holler'n as he run amok and turns their party upside down....fer some day he will teach them biscuit eaters what for ta make some DECENT period 3D pirate outfits instead of them skimpy Halloween type costumes, he will! *

*wakes frum th' dream*

A ship aye, I can find a ship...

*sneaks out th' door in search o' a ship*

Git'way ye mangy flea bag...Go..Shooo!

:lol:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

• 2 weeks later...

*Keeping a weather eye out whilst his captain interviews likely crew or those who wish to share what they know for coin. Watches MadL awake from his dream and answer a question asked a while ago as though only a moment had past*

A ship aye, I can find a ship... [he says]

*He tries to sneak out th' door in search o' a ship, but since Mcdrago has been watching, does a very poor job of it*

Git'way ye mangy flea bag...Go..Shooo! [he tells the cat who with a determined look on his bewiskered face, follows him out the door.]

*Gets down from the bench, next to Jezzy, picks up his cup and drinks*

Capn', our new bosun has gone a lookin' fer a ship and hopefully a crew as well. T'would appear like we be havin' a mascot as well, since his new puss seems unwilling to be left behind.

*Keeping a weather eye out whilst his captain interviews likely crew or those who wish to share what they know for coin. Watches MadL awake from his dream and answer a question asked a while ago as though only a moment had past*

*He tries to sneak out th' door in search o' a ship, but since Mcdrago has been watching, does a very poor job of it*

Git'way ye mangy flea bag...Go..Shooo! [he tells the cat who with a determined look on his bewiskered face, follows him out the door.]

Capn', our new bosun has gone a lookin' fer a ship and hopefully a crew as well. T'would appear like we be havin' a mascot as well, since his new puss seems unwilling to be left behind.

Well, Mate, as long as one of us is out lookin' fer a fit vessel, that'll do fer now. 'Tis good t' have willin' men t' make this recuperation easier. We'll hope fer the best, whilst we wait fer good information. However, I believe our offers may have fallen on deaf ears! No one seems t' be willin' t' come forward.

*rests her weary head on her arm on the table, wondering what to do next*

Ye know, Mcdrago, MadL might'a had a good idea in that nap he was takin'. I'm feelin' a bit like meetin' up with pixies, m'self. Perhaps, we should call it a night 'n take ourselves up to our quarters. Perhaps, after a night of stewin' over gold 'n a cask o' rum, there might be some loser tongues a waggin' in the early dawn.

*stands up, lays her hand upon Mcdrago's shoulder, giving a nod toward the stairway*

So, whad'ya say, there, Mate? Ready to settle in fer th' night? We'll see what MadL come up with by mornin'.

JezzyAtFLARFsmaller.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Mate, as long as one of us is out lookin' fer a fit vessel, that'll do fer now. 'Tis good t' have willin' men t' make this recuperation easier. We'll hope fer the best, whilst we wait fer good information. However, I believe our offers may have fallen on deaf ears! No one seems t' be willin' t' come forward.

*rests her weary head on her arm on the table, wondering what to do next*

Ye know, Mcdrago, MadL might'a had a good idea in that nap he was takin'. I'm feelin' a bit like meetin' up with pixies, m'self. Perhaps, we should call it a night 'n take ourselves up to our quarters. Perhaps, after a night of stewin' over gold 'n a cask o' rum, there might be some loser tongues a waggin' in the early dawn.

*stands up, lays her hand upon Mcdrago's shoulder, giving a nod toward the stairway*

So, whad'ya say, there, Mate? Ready to settle in fer th' night? We'll see what MadL come up with by mornin'.

*Starts awake, having fallen asleep*

Aye Cap'n....seems good ta me as well.

*Gets up on unsteady legs, feeling a ship roll and toss where there is no ship. Allows Jezzy to go first and then follows up stairs where he makes sure she is settled in before taking a chair and placing it against the door, sets himself down in it*

Yell if ya need anything lass....g'nite.

*Falls asleep at once, dreaming of booty to be had*