Dragons Of Autumn Twilight Movie

Rogue Mermaid

Ok, it's not piratey - but we've talked about everything from Star Wars to what color hair we have in the past, so here I go....

I am a huge fan of the Dragonlance Series of books since '92. My collection is up to over 70 novels and a handful of gaming suppliments.

The first book in the series, "Dragons of Autumn Twilight", was relased on DVD as a 90 minute animated film this past Tuesday and I snapped it up.

I had seen trailers and screen shots so I my expectations were low to start with. Then I watched it. I was pretty disappointed to say the least.

Anyone else see it? Wanna vent?

Can I find it on Netflix? As a D&D geek, I'm embarrassed to say I haven't watched any of the D&D movies.

:huh::D

I hear one of them has a pretty good beholder in it.

:blink:

ps - there is that much Dragonlance stuff?!?!? I still think of Dragonlance as that new world. Ha. I guess it's been around for 25 years now?

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I don't know about Netflix, I've heard people have found it in the RedBox.

If you are going to watch a gaming movie watch "The Gamers" by Dead Gentleman (not the old one from the 80's - though I hear it's funny). It's great, and they spoof the gaming mentality so well. There are many, many, many good quotes in that one.

The first D&D Movie that made it to the big screen does have a nice beholder in it for about five seconds. He didn't actually do anything, they literally said, "The army has beholders!" and that was it.

I highly recommend the second (Sci-Fi made for TV) D&D Movie called Wrath of the Dragon God. I've seen it for rent in a few different places. Watch it with the special features set to the Iconic Character commentary. It's an absolute riot. They have the standard human cleric, halfling rogue and half orc barbarian talking about the movie. All they do is bicker.

YES, there is SO much Dragonlance stuff. There isn't as much gaming stuff as Forgotten Realms - but there's a decent selection. I can't get any of my group to play Dragonlance (since we can't seem to finish our 2 standard Greyhawk campains) so I don't bother buying much of it. I still buy the novels though.