Barnacle Bart's Pirate Pub wake

Lady Alyx

I found this on NGQ website for events. I hate to have set this under Raids since it is a wake. I have seen Kapt Kula's band last year on the Belmont shores Pier and enjoyed them immensely.

January 26, 2008: Barnacle Bart's Pirate Pub Wake

Long Beach, CALIFORNIA 9:00pm - Midnight. Barnacle Bart aka Private Hell, real name: STEVE BARTEL, sailed away to Fiddler's Green Saturday January 5, 2008. His passing saddens many that knew him, but all that did are happy he was with us, though we wish we could have had more time together. Steve was a real Renaissance man, graphic artist, writer, musician, actor, comedian. He was a member of the Fool's Guild, performed as a drummer/percussionist with the American Civil War era musical troupe, The Band Of The California Battalion and was the official drummer/percussionist with Kapt. Kula's Pyrat Party Band. The KKPP Band will miss him dearly and want to honor him by declaring their next gig (one that Steve was scheduled to play on) his wake. There are other memorials planned as well, but I don't think all of Steve's friends could fit in one room. Come share your memories, photos etcetera of Steve with us. Dress as a pirate and toast our comrade and friend Barnacle Bart with his favorite, Sailor Jerry's Rum.

This gathering will be at our home port pub, the Pike Restaurant & Bar, 1836 E. 4th St (one block west of Cherry Ave) Long Beach, CA 90802 (562) 437-4453

Limited Parking Arrive Early. Fine Food, Full Bar, RUM! 21+ Cover $7.

Contact person: Ray Kula (562) 438-8514 raykula@juno.com

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg