Lookin' for mates in SC or GA

Master Sully

I was hoping to find some pirates interested in doing some special events in and around the Lowcountry. I currently work at a company on Hilton Head Island that creates these parties. Anyway I live and breath the pirate folklore,and I'm always looking for friends to join me on roadtrips to pirate fests. It's sad to see that this area, so rich in pirate history, has almost forgotten it's maritime history. Long live the legends of the sea!

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

Ahoy Thar Master Studley, I be Longarm and me home port be Summerville, SC. I find I spend a great deal o'time in Charleston, in fact I start me non pirateing job at MUSC tomorrow.

As far as a port having such an extensive sailing history and not doing anything about it, ye be well on the mark. A sad thang it be too. Many a bold pirate walk these streets but few here know a thing about it.

Ye be right when ye talked of the Queen Anne's Revenge resturaunt being like eating in a pirate museum. Most times it be the hellions ye have ta tell to sit down and behave but, in thar it be my onself that need the telling. As soon as the waitress takes me order I'm up an moving. Thar be just to much to see. Take that pair of matching German flintlock pistols with all the engraving on em. Makes me drool just to think about them.

I do'nt know if ye had the chance ta visit "The Spirit Of South Carolina while ye was down here but she be something to see. I be a bit prejudice as I vollunteer thar meself. She be the first Big Timber Tall Ship to be built in Charleston in almost a hundred years. And it be quite possible she may be the last. ( If we can get them scurvy dogs what calls themselves the board of directors of thar lazy arses and get her built).

Ye can see her at Spirit of South Carolina

Well I type to much mate and me throat be dry. Let me fill your mug and welcome yerself to this here port. :rolleyes:

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

Come closer to Tennessee...please? I would love to do some kind of reinactments, whether it be comedy or drama. I am a huge theater fan, and I delight in my theater group in college. I wrote a hit play, based on a medieval "fractured" version of Snow White. It was great. Total, we played to over 500 folks! Not bad for community college, eh?

:wub:

Capt. WE Roberts

"I shall uphold my indignity with the utmost dignity befitting a person of my undignified station."

Ahoy Longarm!

Glad to hear ye sail in the same waters! Me thinks we could board that barge and sail her out under the nose of the govner'. Have you any imformation of a pirate fest in Georgetown? talk with ye later mate.

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

Ello' Cap'n Liz,

Good to hear from you again. Do you know about the Blackbeard Fest in Morehead City, NC? It's a really fun event to attend. I loved it. It was my first pirate event I had been to. There is also a Blackbeard Fest in Hampton, VA, right after this one. I want to attend the VA one, I hear it 's the best.

iiiiii.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Ahoy Longarm!

Glad to hear ye sail in the same waters! Me thinks we could board that barge and sail her out under the nose of the govner'. Have you any imformation of a pirate fest in Georgetown? talk with ye later mate.

I'm afraid I've not heard of anything going on in Georgetown myownself. That doesn't mean thar might be.

As fer taking taking the Spirit I be with ye thar. I've almost have one ,actually the main shipwright talked into takeing her. He said he always wanted to build a pirate ship and to have the builder hisownself aboard can only be to our advantage. Thar is another vollunteer who is just a test and some paperwork of getting her captains license who jumped at the idea as soon as I mentioned it. She's sailed on several tall ships and has served as first mate on her last cruise. Deffinitly a good hand to have aboard. When I told one of our visitors of my idea he jumped at it too. Twas a funny thang to see, him being near eighty years old and shuffleing along. He piped up and said he'ld stick his ol'lady in a home an run off with us. :ph34r: His wife just laughed at him. Hell she was more nimble than he was. All we need is the funds to get her built. Thar be other vollunteers who be getting a bit restless about the delaiys so we my just get ourselves a full crew yet. I'll try and keep ye informed as I learn more.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

• 2 weeks later...
I was hoping to find some pirates interested in doing some special events in and around the Lowcountry.

Avast, me darlin' - I've got a fair crew of 15 here in the SC upstate. And oddly enough, I'm plannin' a move back to Beaufort (that little town about 45 minutes up the coast from ye) within a year or so. Just me, not the rest of me scurvy bunch, but they won't be hard to assemble if the mood strikes them.

Feel free to get in touch with me by PM. If me crew and I can be of assistance with the plunder of old Hilton Head, why, nothing would please us more.

Mad Kestrel

Privateer #9, IFoRP

Captain of the Thanos (Fairhaven, CRF)

But why is the rum gone? - Capt Jack Sparrow