POTC Online

JoshuaRed

Anyone else taking a stab at the POTC MMO game? It's fairly fun, and designed with intentionally low system reqs so almost anyone can play. Basic membership is free (though there are pretty stiff game limitations). Anyone around here subscribed to the premium account? If so, how is it? Happy? Disappointed?

Thanks for any feedback.

newbannersigtar0db.gif

I was given one of the Beta copies. I tried using it, but I'm not familiar enough with games of this type to figure out how to make it "do".

There were no instructions or guidebook of any kind, so I got frustrated trying to understand how to make things work and make my character do things. I have not tried it lately, but perhaps by now they have incorporated some sort of "player's guide" for people like me.

>>>> Cascabel

I'm a subscription player, having gotten mildly addicted during the free beta. My understanding is that current free accounts are far too limited, and as you mention, too distracted by popup ads to really give you a proper taste of things.

The thing I like about PotC Online is that it's fairly low-maintenance. I've played other online games where if you don't check in daily, you fall behind. The last thing I need in my life are vitual obligations. With PotC Online I can log off for weeks at a time, and then pick up right where I left off.

A bit more simplistic than some MMOs, but it works for me :ph34r:

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Briefly was a part of the beta testing. But didn't stick with it... generally haven't had the time for it. That kind of gaming hasn't really interested me. Writing the stories completely freehand, etc works better for me.

I knew a few who were part of the free Beta testing, too. And stopped cause of the subscription plus they hadn't the time.

::: shrugs::: I MIGHT (but unlikely) get involved in it.

~Lady B

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Well, it's definitely not a game for those looking for authenticity. Rapid fire cannons are just the beginning!

I think Burning Sea will prove the more involved, mature game, and certainly more complex and closer to reality. But I also think it will be a greater time commitment to do well enough to have any real fun.

While clearly the more kid-friendly game, I was quite surprised at the elements Pirates of the Carribean Online maintained - rum, gambling, tattoos... to say nothing of the women on the street corners who are clearly (ahem) for "hire."

I AM BILGEMUNKY

• 1 month later...

I just downloaded it a few days ago. the trial full screen thing is kind of annoying. with my computer it keeps freezing, and whenever i open a door or something or go in a portal of some sort, it takes a really long time to get to wherever im going. i hope the basic game is not as..freezy :huh:

annebonny2tz2.jpg

"Life's pretty good. And why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all."

I just downloaded it a few days ago. the trial full screen thing is kind of annoying. with my computer it keeps freezing, and whenever i open a door or something or go in a portal of some sort, it takes a really long time to get to wherever im going. i hope the basic game is not as..freezy :huh:

Same here. I know that my system is a little old but the game is too jumpy for me.

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

I just downloaded it a few days ago. the trial full screen thing is kind of annoying. with my computer it keeps freezing, and whenever i open a door or something or go in a portal of some sort, it takes a really long time to get to wherever im going. i hope the basic game is not as..freezy  :huh:

Same here. I know that my system is a little old but the game is too jumpy for me.

ah but what bothers me is that my computer is only a couple years old. it works fine, but it still freezes. does anyone know of any other really good pirate games- that are free?? :huh:

annebonny2tz2.jpg

"Life's pretty good. And why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all."