The Mysterious Cities of Gold

LadyBarbossa

Anyone recall back in the 80s on Nickelodeon an animated series called "the Mysterious Cities of Gold"?

Originally a French series that was dubbed in Japanese and English.

The French version and Japanese version has been out for nearly a decade. FINALLY the english version will be available in 2008!

Here is a link to one website that will have the official English DVD set info for England:

The Mysterious Cities of Gold UK DVD set

Distributors for the US and Canada are still in the works.

Exciting as this is a GREAT animated series that greatly appeals to children both to inspire their imagination, spike their interest in history, and enjoy good family entertainment.

I had all 39 episodes on VHS since the 80s, were watched a lot by myself, friends, younger kids, nieces and nephew and are completely worn out.

Incredible images, fantastic music and the story over all is grand. Aye, loops holes... always will be loop holes in practically any story. But from a child's point of view... it's a fabulous adventure!

A snipet of what the series is about:

In the year 1532, a Spanish orphan named Esteban joins a party of Spaniards in their search for one of The Seven Cities of Gold in the New World, hoping to find his father. He is joined on his quest by Zia, an Incan girl, and Tao, the last descendant of the sunken empire of Mu ("Hiva" in the English dub).

The series is a mix of ancient South American history, archaeology, and science fiction. Esteban, Zia, and Tao encounter the Mayans, Inca, and Olmecs during their journey. The characters discover many lost technological wonders of the Mu Empire, including a solar powered ship (the Solaris) and The Golden Condor, a huge solar-powered would-be ornithopter (mechanical bird), capable of traveling considerable distances under the sun's power alone. They are constantly pursued by antagonists Gomez and Gaspard, who are also in search of the Cities of Gold.

~Lady B

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!