Top 10 Signs You've Been to PiP

Misson

#1. You can't go to sleep at night unless you can hear the ocean.

Ye mean the toilets flushing.... who said that? Greg Hudson??

Did I say that.....uh.....er, well what do you expect out of a guy from Kentucky?! I'm surprised that didn't end up in Cap'n Jim's favorite quotes.

To Harry, his staff, and volunteers, to Bo and the Bone Island Buccaneers, and all the Lads and Lasses of PIP,

Congratulations, and a hearty well done! Keep doin' what you're doin', and I'll be back next year.

To Cap'n Jim and all the fine folks of the Careening Camp,

Thanks for all the hospitality Sunday night. It was a rare time, and I stayed up far too late. My hangover and I both gave you a good cussin' Monday morning. So,.....wanna do it again next year?!

Cheers,

Greg

Merchant Extraordinaire (I'm not sure who tagged me with this, but I've grown rather fond of it!) ;)

Ahoy Greg!! Welcome to the pub!! And aye, we shall make another night of it next year, maybe two or three!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 3 weeks later...
6. Rather than preparing for Christmas, you are getting ready for PIP in 2008 and Christmas be damned.

5. Despite your open disregard for Christmas, you've mentioned that you've placed a Queen Anne pistol on your wish list.

4. You are openly disgusted by the fact that your mother has no idea what a Queen Anne pistol is and you give her no less than seven links online where she can buy one.

3. While still openly disregarding Christmas on some levels, you consider hiring Cascabel to play Santa at your company Christmas party along with any number of pirates to be elves.

2. You have to explain to your boss that Cascabel is just a persona name taken from the portion of a muzzle loading cannon consisting of the knob, the neck, the filet (if present), and the base of the breech, not the small, round, hot chilli pepper that is prized for the hot, burning sensation that it produces in the mouth when consumed.

1. Then you have to explain what a persona is, which draws a small crowd and leads to an explanation of re-enacting, which leads to pictures, which leads to getting people registered on the pub, which leads to recruiting ten more people for PIP next year, which leads to world domination and so forth...

Did I tell you how much I love you? :huh::huh::D:D:D:D:huh::huh:

That was my Christmas! Have you been spying on us?

:huh::huh:

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

10. For a Floridian this ones's odd - others may not find it as funny --

Every time you pass cut foliage in some ones yard you wonder if you should grab some for fire wood.

9. You can't quench your thirst for Pirates Choice Rum.

8. Wondering how to build a 2 story tent so we have more room to bring more stuff, while wondering where we're going to get more stuff and how we're going to get it down there.

7. Your just now going through your pirate chest, savoring the campfire smell on those last few shirts you haven't washed, and more still you don't want to wash them now. In fact your considering sleeping in them. awww sweet dreams of PIP!

6. Your constantly weighing out how you can sell it all, move to Key West, live in an RV, and still have room to keep and collect more pirate stuff?

5. Hoping since PIP 08 is lasting a week + that PIP 09 will last a whole month and you're already trying to figure out what to bring, what to wear, and how to make that happen, because you're not missing a DAY of THAT!

4. Your spouse keeps asking "Do you smell gun powder?"

3. You use your days off and spare money to try ever possible insole in your pirate shoes - Did we mention our FEET!

2. Harry's PIP calendar countdown doesn't seem to be moving fast enough. : :lol: :

1. Your New Years resolution is "This year at PIP I'll _____________. "

:lol: CHEERS TO YOU ALL!!! :lol:

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

That was my Christmas! Have you been spying on us?

No. Now move the clock in the dining room about three feet to the left.

I keep feeling like that PIP posters eyes are following me around the room. I thought it was the rum. :lol:

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce