Man...jury duty...2 1/2' sword & 6"dagger

Lady Seahawke

Saw this this evening on RR under strange headlines....As reported on the AP.

NEW YORK(AP) A man reporting for jury duty was arrested when security discovered that his cane concealed a 2 1/2-foot sword and a 6-inch dagger, police said.

Vladislav Lisetskiy, 40, was arrested Monday at Brooklyn Supreme Court as he attempted to pass through security, police said.

The cane "attracted attention because of the way it looked," said Maj. Luz Bryan, commander of courthouse police. "It had two metal bands. It's an indication that something is concealed. My officers noticed it right away."

New York state law prohibits concealed blades or knives.

"He kept saying that he didn't know it was illegal," Bryan said.

Lisetskiy was charged with misdemeanor criminal possession of a weapon.

There was no immediate indication if he had an attorney.

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

I saw that article too, but didn't feel the need to post it because I predicted someone on this board inevitably would. Cheers to ya mate :lol:

We have a lot of Russian immigrants in the NYC area as of late, and somethings don't translate well here culturally. I am almost certain this is a 'Borat' kind of incident, perhaps with a little more spice than usual.

I also have the honor, (or misfortune in my opinion) of being selected for jury duty next month in northern NJ, not far from NY...and I do own a couple of swords & cutlasses. I don't think my county would appreciate someone in pirate garb and 30 inch sharp weapons. And knowing my luck, I would be presiding over a case involving one of the 5 New York mafia families.

SHIP2-1.jpg

:lol: well, I posted cause no one else had! But glad to oblige.

Of course, if'n ya want out of jury duty, leave the cutlasses home and just wear yer garb!

It just may get you out of the duty, you will never till you try it! :D

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

I have an umbrella with a sword in it and you would never ever know and I take it everywhere. You have to push the tip to the ground, twist the handle while pushing a button and then push and pull.......I even hand it to Security and tell them it's a sword umbrella, they laugh, put it through the machine, hand it back and I go on my way.... but I wouldn't take it in a courthouse....

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

Ummm... in the USA one has to be a citizen to be a juror, so if this guy is naturalized citizen, ignorance of the law ... well, you know. Anyhow, one more reason why our immigration should be shut down until we can figure out how many goons should be deported and who is worthy of citizenship. After all, we have enough home-grown goons without importing them in here from other nations.

Bo

Do you recall the jury member, I believe in the Whitewater case in Arkansas, that dress in a Star Trek officer's uniform (TNG)?  What a way to shun the responsibility of jury duty...

As I recall, you are correct that was Whitewater. However, that person was just an out and out nut, excuse me, extreme fan. She has been profiled on TV numerous times and was in the Documentary I think the name was Trekkers? Anyway it was the one shot by Ms. (Diane?) Crosby. (Its an old flick at this point, but a LOT of fun to watch).

This lady wears her Star Trek stuff 24/7, to include her day job at a printing store. As I recall she has her home setup to look like a Starship. She was deadly serious about wearing her "uniform" at the trial and upholding the principals of the Federation, no less.

This is just so wrong! Everybody knows it violates the prime directive to allow a non-warp capable planet to have direct contact with Star Fleet. The bottom line is she should be court martialed and probably should be reported to the temporal authorities for being in this time period. :lol:

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!