joining the ranks!

withoutaname

I am so glad registration opened up, we have been reading the boards for months before PiP (which was our first pyrate festival) but we're not able to post until now. I figured I would start with a quick hello before running off and posting elsewhere because I have been reading many of the posts here for months, but no one knows me yet! And a quick thank you for all of the links we used from here to get our garb together this year!

"It is more like I am transitioning from a pirate hobby to the pirate lifestyle"- me

pub_footer.jpg

'ello. Raise a glass to ya, glad to see you made it onboard!

Lady Cassandra Seahawke

Captain of SIREN'S RESURRECTION,

Her fleet JAGUAR'S SPIRIT, ROARING LION , SEA WITCH AND RED VIXEN

For she, her captains and their crews are....

...Amazon by Blood...

...... Warrior by Nature......

............Pirate by Trade............

If'n ye hear ta Trill ye sure to know tat yer end be near...

I hope you had a grand time in Key West. It was few days after 2003 PiP that I joined the Pub as well. Cheers mate!

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

I hope you had a grand time in Key West. It was few days after 2003 PiP that I joined the Pub as well.  Cheers mate!

We had such a great time at PiP we are now deciding which events to go to in 2008 and PiP is high on that list! (plus we love key west.. always have a good time and never remember what actually happened until the pictures get downloaded)

any suggestions on events that are similar in audience and not exploited that we should lookout for?

"It is more like I am transitioning from a pirate hobby to the pirate lifestyle"- me

pub_footer.jpg

Welcome!

If you're in need of a name try the 'sticky's' above and try one of the name sites.

actually, long story short i have been using withoutaname on the internet for about 6 years or so, its the default i use when signing up for things so all online stuff goes to the same email address and I dont have to remember much else when signing in, but thanks for the tip B)

pub_footer.jpg

Welcome aboard to ye, and it was good to share a rhum with you in Key West. Sorry to say but you won't find many venues like PiP, and none other that I know of in Florida. Perhaps in a couple of years we can start something at Fort Desoto at the mouth of Tampa Bay for a summer careening.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Welcome to the pub and to pirating! Hope to see you at more events!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Welcome withoutaname! (Could be a trend setter... next... withoutaship... withoutrum... withoutacare...)

Buy us (who didn't meet ye in Florida) a round an tell us a bit more 'bout yer self.

this morning i am a bit more withoutanyrumleft. its a bad sign when on Monday night you and your other half finish off a bottle that barely had a dent in it.

I live in NY with my significant other, in Brooklyn, NY. He is he less social type than me- which is why I am the poster for us and he's the lurker. I have been involved with various forms of historical study for about 15 years- mostly through an art history or performance perspective or as a patron of renaissance festivals. After 5 years of dragging the other half to various activities we found a place where we both enjoy the period and historical aspects through his love of sailing, my love of playing dress up and a shared love of research and history and the amount of time we have been spending in tropical islands steeped in the GAoP. In my real life I am somewhere between a instructional designer and project manager with an interactive designer background- which means I love to share the knowledge I learn-specifically through creative means, and I have basically forced the department I work in to celebrate all things pirate during the last 3 years. (Although we also have a ninja contingency, which has recently been running interference around here).

I am working on my persona pending a few things- but leaning toward a healer (as I can somehow justify why as a woman I would get involved with the likes of pirates) but that takes time to develop my kit and all- any suggestions on getting started?

We are hoping to get involved a little more with PiP next year and finding events we enjoy which are not overly commercial but still maintain some of the fantasy and are not extremely strict on rules. We may attend RF in Chicago in 08 as more of a personal quest for being around other OCD history people, but that's up in the air pending on my work schedule. And maybe we'll find some others in the NYC area who are like minded but are willing to get involved with a group where we have to travel a bit- as escaping the bloody cold winter up here is my idea of a good time!

I can be overly chatty pending on caffeine intake- so that's me a nutshell before I ramble on about a million other things.

pub_footer.jpg

Welcome to the pub! Sit back, put up yer feet, after PiP we all be needin to, and let me fetch ye a drink!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Welcome to the pub! Sit back, put up yer feet, after PiP we all be needin to, and let me fetch ye a drink!

thank you! after the last 48 hours of work I certainly need multiple drinks...

pub_footer.jpg