Harbormaster, are you alright?

Rusty Barrels

It's been shut down once in awhile when the river has flooded, but not for two or three days. That's a new one!

This reminds me most of the Columbus Day storm, but the winds inland in the Seattle area were at a 100 miles an hour back then. Love it when the lows and highs meet up like that. Down in Florida I always tell them that the winds can go hurricane strength up there and they just laugh. Guess they believe me now!

My thoughts are with all my fellow pirates and family who still live up there!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Yeah in 1996 it was shut down for a couple of hours, but this time the water is up to the overpasses and they don't expect it to reopen for five days. I imagine the winds in Florida are pretty impressive compared to ours but they don't have two hundred foot trees coming down either. I'm not slaming anyone but each area is unique in disasters. I just hope Harbormaster faired o.k.

Hey Rusty !!! ., We are ok., very busy as you might well imagine. Our house is dry., it stayed dry in the last flood as well however we are in a hole., if the water comes up a bit more we would get inundated. This time their is 10 ft over I-5 Hurricane., I am sure you remember that nasty we had in 96..., that was 8 ft over I-5. Needless to say my phone has been ringing off the hook. We have been helping the Cities waste-water management ., as well as sand-bagging for people and now alot of clean-up. Here are some arials we stole., and then some of our own (Johnnys time stamp is turned off) Fair well.

Great_Flood_2007_204.jpg

This is the new Walmart shopping center., Home Depot., ect.,

Great_Flood_2007_161.JPG

Great_Flood_2007_152.jpg

Walmart

Great_Flood_2007_109.jpg

My employee at the dairy Queens Drive-Thru

Great_Flood_2007_083.jpg

Great_Flood_2007_035.jpg

Great_Flood_2007_011.JPG

Great_Flood_2007-124.JPG

Great_Flood_2007_151.jpg

Great_Flood_2007_131.jpg

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

And to think I just moved back to Spokane from the Seattle area. I'm kind'a glad I did now :lol: I can't believe that flooding, I've never seen it that bad over there before!

I love living in WA. Earth Quakes ever 20 years, no tornatos, freak flash floods. The weather here is very random

Ahh, the freak weather patterns in WA. Gotta love them. And, as far as tornados, they do happen, just not often. I remember a summer with around 5 or 6 of them back in the late 90's (I think 98, but don't quote me on that). And, there's earthquakes more than every 20 years. I've been through about 4 of them, and I only lived there for 18 year or so.

However, good luck to all those affected by it. Now, don't you wish you lived on your very own pirate ship?

Coastie :huh:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Chain Shot and I spent that Saturday night on our boat, which is in Charleston Harbor, west of Coos Bay. Lots of wind and rain, but at that point, no flooding. Wind blowing so hard, that the rain hitting my face felt like needles, and for every step I took forward, I'd get blown two back. I was riding with Chain Shot in his big rig truck (48' trailor!), making deliveries along the coast that weekend, from Florence to Bandon. Very exciting, let me tell you! Glad to be inland and home in Grants Pass. However, our boat did really well, and since the marina didn't call us later, I assume it's still afloat.

We're going back for a three day weekend tomorrow, so will check out any damage.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Harbormaster glad you and your wife are ok. And your employees etc. Those pics - unbelievable. I'll hope for dry weather for you all.

Rusty glad you're ok as well

Ransom so glad the boat is ok. I have seen so many boats here really take a beating in bad weather.

Keep us updated.

Take Care - Hang in

Red CAt

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Wow ! Its been a long week . The clean up has begun. the biggest relief for people trying to move........., is....., I-5 opened up today., this will help get things moving again. And in-case anyone is interested....., The U.S. Mail never missed a beat even while Fed-Ex and Brown were down. 3.gifThis is the last of the flood fotos.

Great_Flood_2007_243.jpg

Great_Flood_2007_256.jpg

Great_Flood_2007_229.jpg

Great_Flood_2007_255.jpg

Great_Flood_2007_230.jpg

Great_Flood_2007_247.jpg

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Not having every been flooded, after that happens to a home/building doesn't the water cause so much damage that the place has to be torn down?

Well thats a pretty good question. Many of the mobile homes are trashed., the so called modular homes which are almost a mobile home built on site.,and the $300,000.00 dollar particle board OSB chipboard homes with 2 X 2 and OSB edge floor joists ect.., are literally ruined yes....., will they all get removed..., no. Some will ., some will not. FEMA will come thru and assess damage .., compensate them..., and then they will let them build with saw-dust and glue again??? Amazing .

Ugh...all that glue..I was thinking about that and every other conceivable thing that would float and spill into the floodwaters like a huge bathtub. I can't fathom the cleanup not to mention the hazards. Especially should it be fuel that could collect. Do they test the water in areas as it goes down?

Blah I wouldn't want to wade through that stuff or keep anything that had been soaked in it.

I do feel for you people. I'll keep you in my thoughts. If theres anything I can do..ask. B)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...