Cooking and accoutrements...

Jack Roberts

So to prevent further hijacking the black power thread, I've started this one.

I will give me Muther a call later today and see what they are planning on bringing. Both in cookware and in food. I think we'll have enough eating utensils for our group of 7. So lets move this discussion here and continue planning. I'll be back soon, they're getting Thanksgiving dinner ready.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! B)

(Edited because I not so smart)

Edited by Amanjiria

ok...because i am flyin in....from D-troit to far to walk.....and my stuff is heavy.....i did leave some stuff in baltimore with the capn...to be hauled on down to the Keys.... ;)

small camp box...thought there would be plenty already there.....otherwise would have left more...... B)

so any way..... B)

we'll have a cast iron skillet....small cast iron pot....& a small dutch oven....tripod :lol:

more than willing to serve up breakfast....simple fair really...some eggs bacon or sausage with feta cheese....makes the eggs taste better instead of salt.....and some biscuts on a stick....i call em hillbilly crosants..on a stick..(bring a stick) ;)

i'll bring the mixin stuff for a shepards pie one night.....but would need to stop at a grocery while down there...and i'll be more or less on foot the whole time there......

sooooo...... :lol:

if anybody else brings a dutch or skillet or two.....a few fixins and a hat to pass around...we can use my hat.....and somethin for themselves to eat out of......

i see no reason we can't have a communal meal or three B)

oh yeah.....married to a greek/macedonian.... :lol: so i got hooked on greek coffee... :lol: ..which is already packed in the camp box...acyually she got me turkish coffee....she said it was more period.....so if anybody feels adventerous.. :lol: .the pyrate coffee house will be open.....so bring a small cup...did i say small cup.....oh yeah thats right...i mean SMALL CUP...this stuff is TURKISH COFFEE.....not for the faint of heart...... :lol:

plus afterwards i'll read the coffee grounds and tell ya yer fortune.... :lol: ..HA!

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Ok I got the list from my parents and here is what we are planning on bringing.

Cookware and Utensils:

4- Wooden Bowls

4- Enameled Tin Bowls

6- Enameled Plates

Mixed bunch of Forks & Knives

1- Trivet

2- Dutch Ovens

1- Iron Skillet

1- Iron Griddle

A few extra cups for those that might want a cup o' coffee

7 Piece Fire Set (It can be a Spit or Tripod)

Food:

Chicken 'n Dumpling

Venison Stew

15 Bean Soup

2- 1 Gal. Ziplock Bags of Venison Jerky (We'll just say we downed a couple of "Key Deer" <_< )

4 or 5 Dozen Eggs (Already scrambled, frozen in ziplock bags)

Then once we get down there we want to buy some fruit and nuts. Pancake

mix and syrup. Some desert stuff. We should have plenty to share. Thats the list for now.

Amanjiria,

I recommend you may wish to bed down close to us that way, (the Archangel will be in the Mercury camp) perhaps, we can combine the cooking effort, instead of being too spread out and yet trying to work together...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

We'll be bringing a 12 qt dutch oven with tripod and a large skillet. We plan on making a pork roast one night, I'm not sure how many it'll feed but there should be plenty to go around. We don't have much extra in the way of plates and bowls but I'll look around the thrift stores in the next few days and add what I can to our camp box.

If needed I could also get a bunch of blue enamelware stuff and a big stainless steel coffee pot (only if I get a chance to pick it up from my ex.)

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Everyone is strongly encouraged to have eating utensils and a good sized bowl or plate. As Iron Jon has mentioned, thrift stores generally carry a good mix of old wooden tableware and sometimes a good hand thrown bowl or cup. My eating bowls came from a thrift store and they were so well worn and used when I found them that they look more aged than any other part of my kit. They look to have been some seven years at sea.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Mark, Yak and I have our own eating utensils, mugs, and plates. I anticipate having the following to share: 1 wood plate, 1 wood trencher, 1 wood bowl.

I did invest a while back in disposable bamboo plates and eating utensils ~ if packing space is available, I can bring them to serve in a pinch.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

We tested a batch of period rum punch today - wow! Key lime juice, muscovado sugar, cheap white rum and water. A killer.....

Had to make sure it was period correct, eh? Hic!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Well, if ye keep that up... the hell with worrying about feeding folks, they'll be so polluted they won't know whether they've eaten or not...you can just keep telling them they have! :ph34r::rolleyes:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/