Background Scenario

Capt. Sterling

And about that wig Patrick, I'm sure there's a market...

Don't know how many people in Key West (well in th' bars) would understand th' joke...... "Hey.... ya wanna buy an nice used wig....".....

OK... I'll just stick ter drinkin'............. :unsure:

About a weekish to go................ YAY...... -_-

Don't know how many people in Key West (well in th' bars) would understand th' joke...... "Hey.... ya wanna buy an nice used wig....".....

"Tis in good condition... but...some will tell ye I done took it off a dead guy... but to tell the truth, he was alive and "kicking" that last time I looked...." :unsure:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Mary thinks I ought to post that fact that I will have tools and instruments and possibly the character of a pirate-captured surgeon so that this can be worked into the scenario.

(If someone knows enough about pretend surgery to guide me through an actual process, it might work. -_- As I told Mary, I am not a doctor, I only fail to play one on TV. I will have some groovy doctoring equipment for dressing field wounds, though. So if anyone wants to play doctor... Or I could bring one of my skeletons along and let HIM be the patient. I can't hurt that one any more than's already been done to 'im. ) :unsure:

Seriously, though, if anyone can figure a way to fit me in, I'll participate. These tools are too expensive not to get some value out of them.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

what we have done in the past.....is to have some of the wounded...tended to before a hanging.. ;) ..or soldiers tended to their wounds... ;) ...immediatly after the battle scenarios.... :(

for example....lots of someones get shot or run thru in the battle. :( ..survivors are taken to a tent or fly...where the good doctor then proceeds to .. :( ..well whatever....pull lead from wounds.. ;) .sew up gashes... ;) .apply leaches to remove toxins from the lead.. ;) ..blahblahblah...you got the stuff you tell us what you can do...then there can be a big show to bring the audience in to you after the actual scenario is done....kinda of a continuation if ya will...a live demo of the skills of the doctors then.....

use of fresh chicken breasts strapped to body....bullet underneath....then you can rip open shirt....expose the flesh(chicken)...take a real sharp knife...slice flesh(chicken)...pull out flesh and blood(staged and chicken flesh)...till you finally pull out the lead shot from wound....then you can even use real needle and thread to sew em back up...including the shirt ifn ya like.. :( .audience loves it....... :(

whats nice about this type of continueation...is that it dosent have to be worked into any scenario.....and can be plugged in anywhere...begining middle or end...tho i dont recomend getting it in the end.....oh nevermind

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

what we have done in the past.....is to have some of the wounded...tended to before a hanging.. :o ..or soldiers tended to their wounds... :lol: ...immediatly after the battle scenarios.... :lol:

for example....lots of someones get shot or run thru in the battle. :huh: ..survivors are taken to a tent or fly...where the good doctor then proceeds to .. :blink: ..well whatever....pull lead from wounds.. :o .sew up gashes... :o .apply leaches to remove toxins from the lead.. :o ..blahblahblah...you got the stuff you tell us what you can do...then there can be a big show to bring the audience in to you after the actual scenario is done....kinda of a continuation if ya will...a live demo of the skills of the doctors then.....

use of fresh chicken breasts strapped to body....bullet underneath....then you can rip open shirt....expose the flesh(chicken)...take a real sharp knife...slice flesh(chicken)...pull out flesh and blood(staged and chicken flesh)...till you finally pull out the lead shot from wound....then you can even use real needle and thread to sew em back up...including the shirt ifn ya like.. :lol: .audience loves it....... :lol:

whats nice about this type of continueation...is that it dosent have to be worked into any scenario.....and can be plugged in anywhere...begining middle or end...tho i dont recomend getting it in the end.....oh nevermind

You sound like you know quite a bit. We must get together and discuss this further. (Does anyone know if there's going to be another surgeon? I'd probably make a better apprentice than head surgeon.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

We have a surgeon in Port Royal (he's majoring in the medical field for real) but he's a womanizing drunk in our scenario. I don't think he'd be someone you want holding a scalpel as he might accidentally do a real appendectomy in a rum punch stupor...

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Cheeky's statement made me wonder how many women will be there so I went to count. Looks like the count is significant. Now ladies ...don't all swoon at the same time!

Wait ...there was one bullet that killed about 7 pirates last year! One incision could make several of the fairer sex faint. :blink:

You sound like you know quite a bit. We must get together and discuss this further. (Does anyone know if there's going to be another surgeon? I'd probably make a better apprentice than head surgeon.)

Speaking only for the Archangel, our surgeon is not attending PiP this year, but a lot of surgeons of the period didn't know what to do either... even the ship's carpenter could be called in to aid with an abundance of amputations.... any chance you could pick up some severed limbs prior to PiP? There are a number of sites that sell some pretty good ones.... :blink: If I remember to pack a few, I can give you a few balls to use for bullet removal.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Cheeky's statement made me wonder how many women will be there so I went to count. Looks like the count is significant. Now ladies ...don't all swoon at the same time!

Wait ...there was one bullet that killed about 7 pirates last year! One incision could make several of the fairer sex faint. :blink:

Actually I wonder how many folks would actually swoon at such a thing in those days.... almost seems like a Victorian mind set to me.... especially for middling sort to low class females, hanging out with pirates... I have no evidence on the subject but something strikes me as they would be a whole lot tougher about the situation....

Crewe of the Archangel

Ebay has a good assortment of raw body parts and bones. Here's just one bloody leg. They also have arms, severed fingers, some assorted brains and such.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sick-Severed-Bloody-Hu...0QQcmdZViewItem

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Speaking only for the Archangel, our surgeon is not attending PiP this year, but a lot of surgeons of the period didn't know what to do either... even the ship's carpenter could be called in to aid with an abundance of amputations.... any chance you could pick up some severed limbs prior to PiP? There are a number of sites that sell some pretty good ones.... :blink: If I remember to pack a few, I can give you a few balls to use for bullet removal.

As it turns out, I am leaving for Mexico for the Thanksgiving holiday today and then going directly to Key West from there. (I may even buy a full-sized Catrina if I can find one I like that isn't too expensive. But that's another story...) So the short answer is: no limbs for me. Had I known, I could have made one up. (While being a surgeon is not truly my hobby, making haunted house props is. :lol:http://www.markck.com/artwork_props.htm ) So anything you can bring would be greatly appreciated! (I could have brought a really gory head, too. :lol: )

what we have done in the past.....is to have some of the wounded...tended to before a hanging.. :huh: ..or soldiers tended to their wounds... :huh: ...immediatly after the battle scenarios.... :rolleyes:

for example....lots of someones get shot or run thru in the battle. :huh: ..survivors are taken to a tent or fly...where the good doctor then proceeds to .. :huh: ..well whatever....pull lead from wounds.. :huh: .sew up gashes... :huh: .apply leaches to remove toxins from the lead.. :huh: ..blahblahblah...you got the stuff you tell us what you can do...then there can be a big show to bring the audience in to you after the actual scenario is done....kinda of a continuation if ya will...a live demo of the skills of the doctors then.....

use of fresh chicken breasts strapped to body....bullet underneath....then you can rip open shirt....expose the flesh(chicken)...take a real sharp knife...slice flesh(chicken)...pull out flesh and blood(staged and chicken flesh)...till you finally pull out the lead shot from wound....then you can even use real needle and thread to sew em back up...including the shirt ifn ya like.. :huh: .audience loves it....... :huh:

more than glad to lend a helping hand....or leg.....

as Lt of the MArines for the crewe of the Archangel...i have had my fair share of bullet holes to patch up...course mostly just my britches...but flesh canna be that different :huh: ...cannit?? :huh:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

more than glad to lend a helping hand....or leg.....

as Lt of the MArines for the crewe of the Archangel...i have had my fair share of bullet holes to patch up...course mostly just my britches...but flesh canna be that different :rolleyes: ...cannit?? :huh:

Aye, Maddogge makes for mighty fine target practice...

Crewe of the Archangel

:lol::lol:B)B)B)

Crewe of the Archangel