A Pirates Ashes?...

Iron Bess

When Nancy Gray of the Port Royal Privateers died from breast cancer, some of her ashes were dumped in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland.

Yes I know who did it, but will remain forever silent (no it wasn't me).

Nancy Gray was one of the finest women around, her spirit, her life, the people who loved her (me included) came to her memorial in Burbank, where there was standing room only. I do miss her.

Rose.gif

Well, Nancy has allot of company.

Disney may cry foul and deny it for the publics sake but that park is a living cemetary....

And my plans are already made! :P

Gotta love it!

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Bess, I heard the story this morning as well. I wonder if the woman will get into trouble? I have to tell my g/f about this story....she is a Disneyland fanatic as well and as well loves the POTC ride. I bet lot's of people have placed tidbits all around the park at some time or another. I wonder what law prohits them from having a bit of ashes? Seems that ashes are spread in rural areas, hills, mountains, fields, streams, oceans.

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

No, now trouble...

The secret to non-invasive ash tossing at the park is lots of LITTLE viles of ash.

Just... sprinkle as you go! :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Maybe this is why Disney doesn't allow adults to wear costumes.

Off topic....

I thought the reason Disney dosen't alow adults to wear costumes was back in the 70's when the hippys took over Tom Sawers Island...... ;)

Kinda shame... I'd love to go to the park as a Pyrate... and ride Pirates of the Caribeen over and over again.... and sing along wit it......

Dang... wouldn't it be cool if someone (hint hint) could set up a "Pyrate invasion"........SO a "mob" of us (in garb) could go ride PotC......well as long as we stood in line fer our next chance........But dang imangine it.... a bunch Pyrates standin' in line to go on th' ride..... (maybe this is the flaw with it) and talking to the other people in line.........

Yo Ho... It's a Pyrate life fer me.......... ;)

Maybe this is why Disney doesn't allow adults to wear costumes.

Off topic....

I thought the reason Disney dosen't alow adults to wear costumes was back in the 70's when the hippys took over Tom Sawers Island...... :unsure:

Well sorta...

But the more specific reason now is that guests would not know the *Disney* Pirate from the common folk. If someone injured a child, frightened one, or did something illegal Disney would be left holding the bag.

They can control their own people but not the populace.

More then once I've suggested they hold a Zoo class of training for people who would like to *donate* time as a costumed Pirate. (Shrug) Who knows..... maybe. one day. -_-

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Too bad they don't allow it. I know back a few years when Kings Dominion had the Traveling Display for Star Trek they did allow those that dressed as Klingons and such. To distinguish those that worked for Kings Dominion and guests, the guests had to wear a big badge that stated "GUEST". There were guests that looked a lot better than those working at the park. Our group of Klingons looked better than the workers. In talking with those workers, they were only out in the heat for 15-20 minutes and rested for about 45 minutes. The workers were amazed at our outfits, makeup and stamina. Oh well, go figure.

Mad Woman Cheryl

By Odin's mighty spear, I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

It's not the first time this happened, and I bet it won't be the last either :)

And if you want to wear a pirate costume in a Disney park, you'll have to go to Disneyland Paris during their Halloween celebrations (which last a month). Adults are allowed to dress up as well as kids then :)

I've done it 3 years in a row so far ^__^

Disney is a Land of Childhood Magic and as those of us who have grown up with Disney I can understand why an adult would want to have his or her ashes scattered there. Disney is a place of Happiness, of Make believe and Magic that is always alive.

As for dressing up I think it is a bit sad that adults can't join in the fun just as the children can. After all isn't Diney about being a kid at heart no matter how you are?

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.