Kerney Park

Patrick Hand

OK... SO I'm kinda late posting this..... it's this next weekend.... and it's only a Renn. faire that Tale Of the Seven Seas sets up a camp at.....

But they do let us fire off a lot O black Powder (ask Red Handed Jill to tell th' story 'bout th' jugglers....)

Anyway..... anyone in the kinda lower part of Northern California... or th' Northern part of Southern California...... (Fresno).....

Heck.... we'll be thar........ (just listen fer th' bangs and booms......)

WOT... no one is going ter Kerney?................................

Heck only three days away.....

<OK the reason I keep postin.... maybe some of the mid. kinda sourhtern... California Pyrates might wanna come and see some O' the Tales O' the Seven Seas Pyrates..... or something' like that......>

Heh - the jugglers.

We had set up a playpen for our cannons and got ready to fire them. The schedule of performers got a bit mixed up and we ended up firing a VERY LOUD triple broadside right as a couple of performers were juggling torches - with a member of the audience between them. Needless to say, it was rather exciting for them. Someone claimed that the audience member ended up with a wee puddle at his feet, but that is unsubstantiated...

That cannon blast also caused all of the car alarms in the parking lot (which was actually a ways off) to go off. And one woman said that it knocked over her kid, but we're a bit sceptic about that claim.

At any rate, the jugglers incorporated the BOOM in the rest of their acts that weekend.

RHJMap.jpg

Kenneth - definitely come as a pirate. And seek out the Tales of the Seven Seas encampment in the Bedlam area.

Patt - Jack and I won't be there this year (GRRRR!) Jack has to fly out for a conference (same one he had to leave early for last year) and I have to work (I asked them to not schedule anything for this particular weekend, but the client had the last word...)

Claire has Wee Annie and her accoutrement and we're making charges with Paul and Jacquie tonight, so there will be plenty of bangs 'n booms!

RHJMap.jpg

<_< Ahh, stuff like this makes me think maybe we should move south, instead of west.

Have fun guys!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Yeah - it's killing us to miss this one. Ojai is the sentimental favorite of our group because it was TO7S' first event. Plus we get to see folks we normally don't get to spend time with. But there have been more laugh-out-loud moments at the Kearney Faire than at any other.

Last year, we lashed one of our gents to a grate and played The Grating Game (a Dating Game spoof, with questions like "I've been a bad, bad cabin boy. What is my punishment?") And a streaker visited the bedlam area as well. Fun stuff!

RHJMap.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
:rolleyes: ....Kearney was fun this year...Despite the weather and the amorous pig running amuck at all hours....Tales and Lost Souls made a good showing......Many civilians are really interested in Pyracy, and yes, Little Annie, and the Iron Brigade drew much attention.....As any good Cannoneer would, we drew alot of flack about the noise....and the Rennies(who have no clue about cannons) were constantly grilling us about charge size etc....Pleaaaaase......Vendors were awesome, great prices,etc..........We need to get more Pirates there next year....Feel free to contact Tales or Lost Souls of the Iron Brigade to get on gate lists....LostSouls is a period correct Guild, and Tales is a great group as well..........The real thing is having fun, and promoting Pyracy........IH :lol:
galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins