My office at the funeral home

Kenneth

So...At the funeral home I am a partner in, it was decided that we need to have offices worthy of our positions. One of my partners has the Aviation thing going on..But I wanted that Nautical feel...So...I tore down all the wood paneling, ripped up the brown carpet, scrapped the Popcorn off the ceiling and even found a secret room (which was a closet) behind some book shelves. The old tile had asbestos so I didn't tear it up and just laid wood planks down...here is what it looked like!

morrobaykennyoffice167.jpg

morrobaykennyoffice171.jpg

morrobaykennyoffice182.jpg

morrobaykennyoffice183.jpg

morrobaykennyoffice184.jpg

morrobaykennyoffice185.jpg

So then I put in a chair rail and painted and painted and painted and then I painted my nautical compass on the ceiling and then busted into my secret room behind my book case and then threw in some "stuff" and I'm still not finished. I'm putting a huge map on the wall between the sconces and I have to spring load my secret door and hook it up to the book that opens it. I have little hooks and what not to make and put up and figure out a way to display swords and such....I'm on the second floor so I wanted to put a swivel gun in my window!!

Heres what it looks like at the moment...I'll tell all the ladies that the pole is a 17th century stripper pole!! B)

mypirateclothing040.jpg

mypirateclothing044.jpg

mypirateclothing042.jpg

mypirateclothing037.jpg

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

Fantastic! And the floor turned out perfect... what a great job you have done of it! So when are you coming to VA? :huh:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Wow! That is an amazing job. Congrats. Wow...I've seen only one or two that nice :huh:

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Okay, I have to ask this….

As stupendous as this room is (and I mean that with all sincerity...)

Since you are a Funeral home, do you bring the bereaved in there for council and to arrange the services??

Just curious. :unsure:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

No Bess, we use arrangement offices downstairs for making funeral arrangements. This would be my personal office. On occasion, people do wander up to see it though.

Outstanding job, Kenneth! It's nice that it's sparce and looks like a real room of the period, not a "movie set" overdone job. Love the compass on the ceiling.

Well done, indeed! :unsure::lol:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Wow that is really wonderful and to have a secret room is amazing...I always wanted one of those. my question is..Is your camera dirty are do you truly have that many orbs in some of your pictures?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

my question is..Is your camera dirty are do you truly have that many orbs in some of your pictures?

(chuckle)

My guess is since they only seem to show up in the second picture.... is that they are all fleeing the smell of the paint and plaster work! B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Aye Kenneth..Thet be a beautiful site .... The flooring brings warmth and thar be no words fer thet compass..It speaks fer it self!

mypirateclothing037.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Excellent, I approve whole heartedly. Mind you that I could not go into that room and not order an ale with expectations of getting it.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Thank you guys for the kind words!! And yer all welcome to come have a pint whenever your in Bakersfield!!

Capt Jim: I might just throw some taps in there.....now you got me thinking...I could put one in right in here somewhere!!

mypirateclothing043.jpg

Don't freak out!! Thats my Dad on the left under that pistol....and Rumba, the skeleton is right behind the paneling there.... :huh:

You have a nice simple touch..I like all of it.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

• 3 weeks later...
Wow that is really wonderful and to have a secret room is amazing...I always wanted one of those.  my question is..Is your camera dirty are do you truly have that many orbs in some of your pictures?

Well, it is a funeral home, after all...

"Oi! Clear out, you lot! This is me personal office, not some establishment for the procurement of spirits!"