Hushpuppy Buckle shoes

Kenneth

I bought a pair of Hushpuppies in 1992..For like $50 bucks..So they were just sitting in my closet..At first I just slapped a strap over the front and put a pilgrim buckle on there and called it a day..I have different pairs of boots and I love my boots, but after seeing Patrick Hand and visting Gentlemen of Fortune, I wanted some Buckle shoes. I'll eventually purchase a correct pair, but for now I just need something that looks o.k. and is comfortable.. and these shoes are VERY comfortable for me. So here is what they looked like at first..

6220-441110-p.jpg

So I added some Tongue and then a little buckle that would look o.k. and then covered them in Antique leather stain that has a glaze in it, so it gave them that Vegetable-tanned leather look..and this is what they look like now!

mypirateclothing027.jpg

mypirateclothing019.jpg

mypirateclothing020.jpg

mypirateclothing023.jpg

Since I had the shoes and the Leather dye and some spare leather, my only cost were the buckles which were about 90 cents and then my time (an hour) I figure I came out on top...The only thing I don't care for is the seam around the top...What do you think?

Do they blow or are they awsome and wonderful?

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

I love the sheer ingenuity and creativity shown by so many of the Pub Members ~ and you are just such a one!

Lovely job on the shoes ~ I am just learning about leatherwork, and really like the stain effect. It reminds me of my oiled leather hat ~

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

I used rivets. I would have sewn them on but it wouldn't have been as strong as the Rivets. I can walk around in these all day non stop and my feet never hurt.. I'm still having some period straight lasted shoes made as quickly as possible, but these will get me through till then..

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

Whare di ya get the buckles?

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."