Military History Fest | Chicago, ILL

Cheeky Actress

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

To those who know me, I've been working on the ReenactorFest (RF) Committee since 2005 and part of my job is to get the word out about the event(s) and make sure you all have a great time.

The Committee realized after last month's successful event that we may be in need for a new hotel (bigger vending rooms, more dancing space, and better over all service)!

With that being said, if you could please take a few moments and do this survey, the RF crew would be most grateful. Thank you for your time!

http://www.opinionpower.com/Surveys/418052752.html

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

B)

Yo'r right, Mary. One simple question. Easy enough.

Hmm... possible locales in the Chicagoland. Well, toughy really.

The Sheridon has been a great place for the fest, but the Fest has grown too big for the Sheridon. Unless the Sheridon plans to expand in less than a year to three times the size. B)

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

And of course you missed the debacle of the non-functioning elevators. The hotel was packed to capacity (or it seemed as such) and one of the elevators was out of commission for the entire weekend -- this created HUGE crowds in the lobby at times waiting to get upstairs.

Otherwise -- you want my opinion? A hotel is a hotel. Sure, it could be held somewhere else, but it's all going to be about the same. And, of course, it sure is nice to know where everything is "from last year."

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

And, of course, it sure is nice to know where everything is "from last year."

Some navigator!!! ;)<_<:lol:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

And of course you missed the debacle of the non-functioning elevators. The hotel was packed to capacity (or it seemed as such) and one of the elevators was out of commission for the entire weekend -- this created HUGE crowds in the lobby at times waiting to get upstairs.

Well Cap'n Pete, the all the elevators were working on Thursday night when I got to the hotel. I think it crashed some time on Friday afternoon around 2 pm or so.

Of course, like anything else, there was no one available to fix it until Monday.

I do remember the same thing happening last year...but I don't think it was down for the entire weekend.

Just goes to show...we need a new place!

Member of "The Forsaken"

And, of course, it sure is nice to know where everything is "from last year."

Some navigator!!! :lol::oB)

Sounds more like a Cartographer, doesn't he? :lol:

~Lady B

:lol:

Ahhhh!!! The Time Warp!

B) Oh, I can still remember doing that last year. Oh, what a hoot! B)

Aye, I'd like to see those vids, too.

But I haven't heard anything unfortunately. B)

~Lady B

B)

Lords & Ladies -

Reenactor Fest is no longer the 'cute little get-together' that it started out as.

As we have all seen first hand, it has grown into a real convention -- and it's help from you guys that is making that a reality!

RF5 is February 6-8, 2009

And because of our growth, our new facility will be the Westin Chicago North Shore in February 2009!

Take a look: Westin Chicago NorthShore, IL

It is a brand new facility, only 10 minutes from the Sheraton, and 4 star in every way. The vendors will now all be housed in ONE GIANT ballroom, and the ballroom for the nightly parties is 1,000 sq. ft. IT IS BIGGER than what we used to have.

There are THREE restaurants on the premises, ranging from affordable Italian to gourmet Steak and Seafood.. and a sushi bar thrown in just because!

The nightly room charge will be $5.00 more than the Sheraton was going to charge us, yet, I assure you NO ONE will be disappointed in their accommodations.

Things just got 1000% more exciting, and I hope you are all on-board for Reenactor Fest 5!

Doors Open for ReenactorFest 5:

Friday - 3:00pm - 7:00pm

Saturday - 9:00am - 6:00pm

Sunday - 9:00am - 2:00 pm

Edited by Cheeky Actress

Member of "The Forsaken"

SUSHI!!!! :lol:

Oh, already I know where Bess and Cheeky will be for lunch. :lol:

Oh .. My... God!...:::eyes bugging out at the sight of the Ravinia ballroom:::

Brilliant! I'm making plans to attend the event. Perhaps this time I will go and not be sick! :unsure:

Can we already book a hotel room?

Can't wait to see you all there!

~Lady B

:lol:

The rooms certainly do not look as nice, but then again, I never had one of the problem rooms like a few did last year... but since no one is hardly ever in the rooms and space is needed elsewhere...

At least it does have more restaurants to pick from which should make life easier for many... damn no Starbucks.. and nothing for the kids..??

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

The Guest Rooms have the new 'metro-modern' appeal to them. This reflects the recent influx of High-End European designs that has taken off here in the States for about the last 5-7 years. So, the heavy, dark elegant feel of the 90s is out -Retro mod/tech is in.

Not knowing for sure, for I haven't stayed at this Westin before, the only place that looks kid friendly would be the RT Lounge or the Osteria di Tramonto. I can look further into this.

Member of "The Forsaken"

• 1 month later...

Well just keep it up-to-date and working and that would be an added bonus as well. Changing the look means little without that ...

Crewe of the Archangel

A Davey Jones bar??? I'll pass!

But I will do my best to make this one...Missing this last one killed me!!!

Rats..... Literally!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

• 2 weeks later...

Rats! Ye DO live! :)

Don't feel too bad, mate. Likewise here. Still rather bummed out about RF4. But will do my best to make RF5.

Having missed RF4 and PyrateCon due to life events... I don't plan on missing out on Port Wash. Need an event BAD!

And RF5 having the promise of more vendors... :huh: aye, major drooling! I'll be starting to save m' coinage so as t' buy, buy, buy!!!!

Cheeky... do they know when we can start reserving a room? Will there be a discounted rate for RF5?

And I LOVE RF5 admission price FAR better than PyrateCon. Keep the admission price down! B)

~Lady B

:huh:

Cheeky... do they know when we can start reserving a room? Will there be a discounted rate for RF5?

Aye, Lady Barbossa! The ReenactorFest website has the discounted link to the Westin up and running so book your room RIGHT NOW!!!!

Member of "The Forsaken"