Artifacts of the Spanish Colonies ..

Red Maria

This just came into the Library: "Artifacts of the Spanish Colonies of Florida & the Caribbean, 1500-1800, v. 2 Personal Artifacts" By Kathleen Deagan Smithsonian Institution Press, 2002 ISBN 1-58834-035x

A marvelously detailed account of personal artifacts with loads of illustrations and photos. Everything from amulets & charms (there a great mermaid charm), jewelry, bells, buttons, buckles sewing equipment, personal firearms and more. A great deal of pirate booty was taken from the Spanish including personal items so this book would be a good reference tool for any pirate.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Maria gets all the nice toys :)

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

I think when I finally unpack from my move from Panama to the US back in 1999, I will unpack my artifacts box, huge sucker, and take a ton of pics. When I arrived in June of 1999 I opened it briefly only to verify the contents didn't get destroyed then clsed it back up.

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.