Anybody read Return to treasure island

beachbum

Wanted to send this as a Xmas gift to a Kidd fan - read a review that wasn't too favorable, but I think the person has a personal ax to grind against Barry Clifford.

The discovery crew are on the defense on that review

http://www.whydah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29

- finding buried treasure ain't all so glorious I guess....so I was wondering what you'all thought before I drop some hard won loot on this booty.

I haven't read the book in question but I did read Barry Clifford's other book, Pirate Prince, about his search for the Whydah. Based on this book, I'm inclined to give credence to the amazon.com reviewer's unfavorabe comments. My impression was that Barry was far more interested in conveying his message that "I'm right, and everyone who's ever doubted me is a bureaucratic jerk," than in actually trying to share any sense of adventure.

I posted a short review of the book a while back on my website at Bilgemunky.com. My review may also sound like I have an ax to grind, but bear in mind - I don't know a damned thing about Barry Clifford, save what he said in his own words in his book.

Just my 2 cents.

I AM BILGEMUNKY