Whydah

LadyBarbossa

This was SO wicked!

Saw it on Good Morning America this morning as well as a mention on Regis and Kelly that National Geographic has a documentary (not sure when or where it will be airing, didn't catch that part) about the shipwrecked pirate vessel AND will sponsor a Traveling exhibit of the artifacts from the Whydah!

I'll do some search where this site is at, all I got was the mention of it. But if anyone else knows more, feel free to post something about this, too!

It's FANTASTIC!

I have to admit... I'm eager to have a look see m'self!

~Lady B

:unsure:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Hey Lady B,

There is already an exhibit for the Whydah artifacts.... The ship itself is not on display (except for the bell), but most if not all the intersteing artifacts found on the ship are a part of this display... It is currently running in Cincinatti Ohio until January before it packs up for the next location (I don't know if the next location has been established yet or not). It is running under the name of "The Real Pirates" exhibit. Might this be the same exhibit?

The exhibit opens with a short movie about the ship and how it sank, although I think there would be plenty of room to expand the film, it is also done by National Geographic.

Cincy Art Museum where the display currently is

Link to National Geographic article about the exhbit (which didn't work for me this morning).

Michael_banner.jpg

Is Ken blonde haired and handsome looking?

That could be it, Michael. I only caught a few things about the Whydah exhibit and mentioned that the artifacts were in a traveling exhibit. Didn't catch the location where it currently was.

I suppose if anyone's able to see it, I would think it would be worth it.

Saw artifacts from the American Rev War a couple years ago at the Herbert Hoover Museum and that was incredibly awesome!

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Is Ken blonde haired and handsome looking?

That could be it, Michael. I only caught a few things about the Whydah exhibit and mentioned that the artifacts were in a traveling exhibit. Didn't catch the location where it currently was.

I suppose if anyone's able to see it, I would think it would be worth it.

Saw artifacts from the American Rev War a couple years ago at the Herbert Hoover Museum and that was incredibly awesome!

~Lady B

<_<

No. He's a nice looking man though. A lovable crumugdeon.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

• 2 months later...

I've clicked on links here and there and I've yet to find any kind of schedule about what cities they will be hitting next. I'm sure somebody has come across it before, any help here would be great.

Thanks,

Pogue

Conceptual Simplicity, Structural Complexity, Achieves a Greater State of humanity.

• 3 weeks later...
The NG show is airing (in the UK anyway) on 7th January, by the looks of it!

http://natgeochannel.co.uk/explore/pirates/

The National Geographic Channel is airing the Whydah documentary tomorrow night (Jan. 7th) But I can not find anything on when it will be on in the USA. So far my search has come up negative.

Does anyone know when it is supposed to air here? or did I miss it already?

I was to the Provencetown MA. museum many years ago, and hope to catch the exhibit when it hits Philly in the spring, but would love to catch the documentary. This thread started back in October when LadyBarbossa stated "Saw it on Good Morning America this morning as well as a mention on Regis and Kelly that National Geographic has a documentary (not sure when or where it will be airing, didn't catch that part) about the shipwrecked pirate vessel" Wish she caught when it was airing, because I only can find information on it for NatGeo outside the USA. :rolleyes:

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

• 2 weeks later...

Whydah National Geographic show to air Monday night 8:00 pm January 21, 2008 here in the USA

Just read about it on NQG - Mid-January Pirate Update: Thanks Jamaica Rose :lol:

"THE PIRATE CODE - STORY OF THE WHYDAH

ON NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL

The Pirate Code [TV-G Ratings N/A]

Monday, January 21, 2008, at 08P EST (repeats at 11P)

With little direction aside from a survivors testimony and a cryptic

clue, salvage expert Barry Clifford embarks on the search of a lifetime

to uncover the near 300 year old wreck site of the Whydah Galley and its

four and a half tons of treasure in The Pirate Code. The special brings

to life Black Sam Bellamy - a legend during the Golden Age of Piracy and

follows one mans quest to resurrect Black Sam's ship from its watery grave."

Double checked on Nat. Geo. Ch. and there is a small promotional video on the upcoming show.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/chan...?title=05015_00

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I