My radio show !

Billie Bonnie

Ello' !

I just started up me very own internet radio show!

:D

Give a listen...if ya have some music ya think I should play...pass along the info. The Pirate show is on the 31st...so if ya send some some MP3s I'll give em a spin !

New on RadioVolta.org !

By Hook or By Crook with DJ Billie Bonney

Every Wednesday 9-11 PM

http://www.radiovolta.org

saoirse@celticcrow.com

An eclectic mix of folk songs from just about nowhere; Tunes harvested for your enjoyment by a hoard of pirates, faeries, witches, diggers, hobos and nuns. Expect to hear anything that could possibly be considered folk, bluegrass, roots, punk, blues, hillbilly, americana and world music...plus the occasional irish rebel song just for fun.

Tentative Schedule

12/10 : Attention Deficit Disorder Night; The First Show!

12/17 : Religion and War

12/24 : Solstice Party

12/31 : Pirates, Privateers, Corsairs, and the odd shantie.

Radio Volta, the audio working group of the Philadelphia Independent Media Center, is an outgrowth of the webcast team that broadcasted over the "Internet waves" during the 2000 Republican National Convention. Named after Philadelphia anarchist Voltairine de Cleyre, we are an independent community-based collective of creative individuals, committed to airing challenging and nontraditional cultural, educational and news content.

Ahoy, Billie,

in what time zone be these times?

I needs ta know if this is pre-pub or post-pub

;)

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

Isn't that a name, Shameless???

Yer right mate....That's MY middle name...

Black Jack Shameless Shalaq

Where does it fit in?

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Sounds great Billie. how but barnacle Bill the Sailor

scupper

"That's the navy for you. Rum in the scuppers today. Blood in the scuppers tomorrow."

Thrist is a shameless disease. So here's to a shameful cure!

"Loyalty, honesty and directness are traits I admire. Insecurity, snipes and disrespect I will not tolerate in the least."

It is 9-11 PM eastern standard time. I'm based in Philly ;)

Every Wednesday night.

I just put up a very bare bones website...but it has my archived show if ya' want to give a listen. I still need to work some stuff out, but I think it's pretty good for my first show.

http://phillyimc.org/volta/billie/archives.html

:D

Billie

Sounds great Billie. how but barnacle Bill the Sailor

If you can send me an MP3 I'll play it. Hell, I'll play just about anything...its internet radio we can do more or less whatever we want.

;)

send any MP3s to :

saoirse@celticcrow.com

or on the night of the show you can send me files via AOL instant message ... the user name is VoltaRadio

-Billie-

Ahoy Billie,

I had followed the link from your email signature in an earlier post of yours, loved the web site description and listening to the .m3u posted there. I had just sent ya an email when I realize that I was listening to your live show, you were mentioning the Pyracy Pub, troubles with the Coast Guard in San Francisco, firing cannons . . . and I noticed the feed had today’s date! What a hoot.

Doh, I think I’ve broken from me pirate persona.

Anyway, great show! Be sure to let us all know when yar web site comes online and send me an email when yar next radio show is!. . . I know ya posted dates but a reminder the day before and or of is always good fer me.

;)

Why, what a great deal! So from 2000 - 2200 (modern naval time, Central Time Zone) on New Year's Eve I can stay home and enjoy meself, listening to pirate music! (This if'n me Mate doesn't drag me out to do somethin'; personally, being a TRUE rebel, I hate New Year's Eve, and prefer to observe it by bein' fast asleep at the stroke of midnight1)

Bluegrass and Irish rebel sounds good to me. Now if you want to be a real rebel, play some good Confederate rebel stuff, too!

:angry:

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Bluegrass and Irish rebel sounds good to me. Now if you want to be a real rebel, play some good Confederate rebel stuff, too!

:ph34r:

Capt. William

I have some American Civil War songs.

Next week's theme is war and religion so I'll play a block for you :)

Damn...the 30th is New years eve....ha! I'm also doing a show Christmas eve...when I picked wednesday nights I should have paid more attention to the holidays :ph34r:

Billie

Update time.....this is me last post on me show lads....

If ya be into the show...join the listserve !

_Billie_

:lol:

Tune into RadioVolta.org for:

By Hook or By Crook with DJ Billie Bonnie

Wednesday December 17th from 9-11 PM EST

http://www.radiovolta.org

http://phillyimc.org/volta/billie/archives.html

saoirse@celticcrow.com

By Hook or By Crook is an eclectic mix of folk songs from just about

nowhere; Tunes harvested for your enjoyment by a hoard of pirates,

faeries, witches, diggers, hobos and nuns. Expect to hear anything that

could possibly be considered folk, bluegrass, roots, punk, blues,

hillbilly, americana and world music...plus the occasional irish rebel

song just for fun.

Join the Internet Newsletter (only 1 update message a week)

ByHookOrByCrook-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

This Wednesday's Theme: Religion and War

Featuring:

A Song For Ogun, Thorn Coyle, Eminem, Steve Earl, Loten, Current 93,

Chumbawamba, The Levellers, Radical Cheerleaders, Christy Moore, Sinead O'Connor, The Wolf Tones, Skip James, Medieval Babes, Alison Krauss, Bob Dylan, 281st Assault Helicopter Company, Songs of American GIs in the Vietnam War, Dave Carter and Tracy Grammer and David Rovics

Radio Volta, the audio working group of the Philadelphia Independent

Media Center, is an outgrowth of the webcast team that broadcasted over the "Internet waves" during the 2000 Republican National Convention. Named after Philadelphia anarchist Voltairine de Cleyre, we are an independent community-based collective of creative individuals,

committed to airing challenging and nontraditional cultural, educational

and news content.