Coffee get together

JohnnyTarr

Ok I just got off the Captain Twill thread. It was mention that somepeople would like to have a fancy event. I am all for that I am old school SCA and know what kind of work is involved. What I would like to start with is ideas as to what people would like to have there? Second how many people would consider themselves close to Kohler, WI and be willing to drive here for a discution group and plan the event.

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.

Mr. Tarr, will be pming you regardin something my crewe wishes to do...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Already pmed him about something

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

I'm not sure what you're planning, but the logistics of it being available for all Pub members might be a tough one. We're just spread out too far and wide. And having just flown to Ojai and back, I can tell you, plane fare aint cheap! :ph34r:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I can well imagine... :ph34r:

Crewe of the Archangel

With out more information...... WI.... is kinda far to travel to......

But a fancy (almost fopish) Pyrate ball somewhere interesting might be fun.......

But wouldn't that Pyrate thing in New Orleans be more convienent?....

AWH heck..... ye got's ter post more O' wot ye be thinkin' bout........... :ph34r:

And having just flown to Ojai and back, I can tell you, plane fare aint cheap!

Awh..... but it was worth it wasn't it....? :ph34r:

:ph34r: Yes, Patrick it was worth every dime!!!!

'Cause...well dang....I got to meet...you!....... :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

:ph34r: Yes, Patrick it was worth every dime!!!!

'Cause...well dang....I got to meet...you!....... :lol:

(tap..tap...tap...)

Hey!

We got to meet YOU too ya know... that 's worth.....LOT'S MORE THEN A DIME! :ph34r:

Wish'd I lived closer so I could come for coffee. Well okay... Tea really :ph34r:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Why, thank you! Twas grand to meet you as well. Next time we meet, we'll share that pot o tea, since I'm not a coffee drinker. Maybe we can entice Patrick to join us if we add a bit of rum to the pot! :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

With out more information...... WI.... is kinda far to travel to......

But a fancy (almost fopish) Pyrate ball somewhere interesting might be fun.......

But wouldn't that Pyrate thing in New Orleans be more convienent?....

AWH heck..... ye got's ter post more O' wot ye be thinkin' bout........... :ph34r:

New Orleans is quite the distance for us up in the northern midwest.

Already, SO much is going on in so many areas of the country that it's no longer funny. PyrateCon in New Orleans, PiP in Key West, Ojai in California, Blackbeard Fest in SC, Port Washington in Wisconsin, Reenactor Fest in Chicago, many, many Ren Faires and more Pirate Fests popping up... are frankly more than 6 hours drive. At least from where I am where the Land Between Two Rivers has VERY little to offer and so I have to travel long distances to get to. Airfare isn't cheap... nor is gasoline.

A get together in the Midwest would be fantastic especially for some of us Midwesterners who can make it all over the US to see everyone. Granted, it would be FANTASTIC to see all of you. But is it really . But... I guess:

1. think about those local to and those not so local. Is it a local event or not?

2. if it's more like an event, with SO much going on, better have this thing planned out at least a year in advance. My opinion. Again, ::: points to the events above:::

For that foppish (and even non-foppish) 18th c event, I'd say that'll take some planning. I'm open to help out with that, great with ideas, horrible with admin tasks though.

As to some wee midwesterner get togethers... I'm sure we can do that, Tarr. :) Though I'm sure more folks 'll be able to get to you easier than I and a few others.

Distance is horrible, mates. Hell, I think we need to have our own Pirate town!

That be my two doubloons

~Lady B

:lol:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say set a date well ahead of time. That way folks can make plans and not be scrambling to find a way to that gathering. Considering we all are scattered around the midwest here (meaning hours away instead of minutes).

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I really wasn't planning on anything that big. I just thought that some people would like to get together and work on projects, compare notes, you know things like that.

Git up of your asses, set up those glasses I'm drinking this place dry.