Wanted Frock Coat Pattern

AlexRoberts

Anyone know where on the internet i can get one to look at for free to read off on the comp and try to fix it up

Is that what you are looking for Alex?

18th Century Coat Pattern

Or the Justacorps?

Justacorps pattern

Both from the Gentleman of Fortune web site...

Gentlemen of Fortune Homepage

You will of course still have to draft a usable pattern from those diagrams, but that is as close to free as your going to get...

But on the whole, I agree with Hildekitten, buying the Reconstructing History pattern, is a VERY worthwile investment... And I'm not just an advocate, I am a very proud owner of some 7 to 9 Reconstructing History patterns (between me and my girlfriend anyways).

By the way GoF, if you see this post... I'm really liking the new look and feel of your web site. Nice work as always!

Michael_banner.jpg

Cut of men's clothes by Nora Waugh has several with a scale along the side to make it easier to grade up to your size.

http://www.amazon.com/Cut-Mens-Clothes-160...90355946&sr=8-1

If you are lucky your local library or Interlibrary loan will have a copy to borrow rather than shelling out the $60+ for a new copy. Although it's worth every penny.

HTH

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Alex.... m' question to ye is... which decade and portrayal are ye going for? That's ALWAYS the first question and detail when searching for something.

:::points to all the links::: this be a reason why. So many clothing ideas tossed at ya mainly cause of a vague general idea.

I'll PM ya.

~Lady B

;)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!