Attn Iron Bess: About the Alice in Wonderland ride

Christine

I had read that Disney plans to take out the part on the ride where the caterpillar smokes from the hookah. Is this really true? They made the movie based off the book and it shows the caterpillar doing that. All these years later why would they decide to remove it? That just would be ridiculous if this is true.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

All I can say if this is true, is that It is just Wrong.

Alice and Wonderland is one of my favorite stories. How can they take that out with out taking out other parts as well....why not just re-write Lewis Carrolls Masterpiece as well. I have a low tolerance for today's PC thoughts.

swialice_lg.jpg.jpg

alice.jpg

And of course then there is my favorite character of all:

195291~Alice-and-the-Cheshire-Cat-Illustration-from-Alice-in-Wonderland-Published-in-London-1889-Posters.jpg

I hope that IronBess will confirm whether this is true or not. How disappointing if it is. Thank you Christine for sharing this.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Yeah, I'm hoping it's not true. It would be ridiculous if they change the ride, but we all know how Disney does like to change stuff. The Pirates ride is a great example of that and they also change the Haunted Mansion during the holidays, ugh!

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Changed the Haunted Mansion ride?? How? Why?

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

Ever since the tenth anniversary of "Nightmare Before Christmas" they've changed it to that motif. Jack and I saw it the first year they did this and liked it, but I think it should have just been that year. There's an over-abundance of Christmas stuff right after Halloween - we don't need any more.

RHJMap.jpg

Whuh?

Where are we talking about...Anaheim or Florida?

The Haunted Mansion was definitely on my list of Top Five, I'd be heartbroken if that was altered in any way. I was profoundly blown away with the "Pepper's Ghost" projection technique that was used.

SHIP2-1.jpg

Ever since the tenth anniversary of "Nightmare Before Christmas" they've changed it to that motif.  Jack and I saw it the first year they did this and liked it, but I think it should have just been that year.  There's an over-abundance of Christmas stuff right after Halloween - we don't need any more.

Yeah, they first started doing the NBC stuff in 2001. It was never mentioned anywhere like on TV about the change for the holidays. I saw it first then and thought it was interesting. Now it has gotten old, they do it every year, from October into early January. The outside I'll admit is nicely decorated with the pumpkins and the elevator part is kind of cool as well. I never was fond of how brightly lit it is inside. Neon brightly lit actually. Too bright for the Haunted Mansion. I dunno, I know they want to do something different for the holidays, but the NBC theme has gotten old. Time for something new......or just leave the masnion as is. Classic way is the best! :lol:

Oh and about the Christmas decorations thru-out the park, they've been starting earlier each year. Right after Halloween ends they start taking down the Halloween decorations and immediately put up Christmas stuff. It's just way too soon! The autumn look should stay for Thanksgiving, but that will never happen.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

Whuh?

Where are we talking about...Anaheim or Florida?

The Haunted Mansion was definitely on my list of Top Five, I'd be heartbroken if that was altered in any way. I was profoundly blown away with the "Pepper's Ghost" projection technique that was used.

Disneyland in Anaheim. Is there even an Alice in Wonderland ride in Disney World? They do tho have the tea cups. I know they took out Mr. Toad's Wild Ride so wasn't sure about the Alice ride either.

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

• 8 months later...

Here we is almost a year later. The MIL has pilfered all her grandkids fer a raid on DL . They gots a 2008 book that says Toad's ride is there. Whether it be old, new, or modified I can't be sayin. FYI

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

The toad's ride was there last I saw, but I think there was a sign that stated : "No Licking Allowed".

I think a lot o' this come out in rumor for I was told that the pirates no longer chase women around 'n was forced t' chase chickens now, also I was told the wench auction was removed as well, yet they both still be there from what I saw. However I have not been back now that the POTC modifications took place.

Truly I state, if they wish t' take th' hookah from th' worm then they best 'Go talk t' Alice, BEFORE she is ten feet tall'!!!

Now if they really wish t' modify the Haunted Mansion, then they really should go speak with Hue Hefner for that man REALLY knows how t' make a haunted house!!!

{not sure on that? seek out Elvira's DVD of said subject!}

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!