Black Powder Rendezvous - Oct 5-7

Red-Handed Jill

There have been some inquiries as to the next local black powder Rendezvous.

There's one scheduled for October 5th through the 7th at the same location as before - Railroad Flats, which is northeast of Stockton (kinda in-between Stockton and Sacramento.) A few more folks will be joining us and it's going to be a heck of a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to getting a lot of use out of the knife Patt made for me.

So if anyone is interested in joining us...

I'll post more information as I get it.

RHJMap.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder to interested parties that the blackpowder rendezvous will be the weekend after this one. Iron Jack, Patrick Hand and I will be recreating a buccaneer's camp in the primative area, but there is a non-primative camping area for those of you wanting to bring some of the more modern conveniences. Jack and I aren't quite up to Patt's standard, but we're getting there.

The weather should be great and we plan on doing a lot of black powder shooting, cannon firing and throwing sharp objects. Woo hoo!

RHJMap.jpg

I can't wait to see the looks on the other folks' faces when you bring THAT on the the trail walk. Heh.

And bring your doglock anyway - between you and Jack I'm sure you'll get it working right.

Jack bought us a couple of long guns, so we'll be trying those out this weekend along with our pistols. Also, we thought we'd do both the trail walk and the stationary target shooting, as well as the tomahawk/knife throwing. Gotta remember - NO COFFEE FOR ME. And I have to bring my glasses this time so I can see the darn targets!

RHJMap.jpg

Rendezvous are a lot of fun.....

They do tend to be a bit later than what we do..... but they are cool about that....

OK.... speeking of cool......

Dang... I froze me arse off at the rendezvouse on Friday night.... Saturday wasn't too bad....... but heck... it was too dang quiet......

But we can fix that......

More Pyrates going ter Rendezvous.....

Great chance ter "really" fire off alla those guns yer be carying....

And the primitive area just specifies "Pre-1840". (At least the one we go to does...) So you can set up your camp however you like up to 1840.

We're making adjustments to our tent and all so that we don't have to bug out a day early. It would be cool to see more pirates at this event - they were very happy to see us both this time and in April.

RHJMap.jpg