Dana Point Tall Ships

I be sailin on the Spirit of Dana Point and we be sendin any scalawags that come within cannon range to Davey Jones' Locker,

Of, course that be just on Saturday, cause that's when we have tickets. :huh:

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

I be sailin on the Spirit of Dana Point and we be sendin any scalawags that come within cannon range to Davey Jones' Locker,

Of, course that be just on Saturday, cause that's when we have tickets. :lol:

Hmmm...Mebbee,but..Only 'cuz we aren't on the Left Coast anymore!! :lol: ...And,as I remember it, unless they broke down and spent some money, there wasn't much for artillery on the 'Spirit when we were there last..it's a fun little port,tho', and the crowd always makes the event...

:lol:

ROYALISTE Headin' South, Back to the Carolina Low Country......

Thar be a cannon sail at 5 o'clock, with about six tall ships that go out and blaze away at each other just off the point.

Of course, they not be big cannon, and most likely they be shooting blanks, but they do give a good report. As far as I can tell the cannon are loaded on board as part of the event, as I have not seen them on board at other times of the year when I sailed on her, as a landlubbin passenger to be honest.

However, with that said, the Spirit is the most heavily armed of the lot with a broadside of three cannon (at least last year that be true). Ye have been warned! :lol:

-Greydog

P.S. I do look forward to meetin many a person from this har board at that thar event.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Hmmm...Mebbee,but..Only 'cuz we aren't on the Left Coast anymore!! :lol: ...And,as I remember it, unless they broke down and spent some money, there wasn't much for artillery on the 'Spirit when we were there last..it's a fun little port,tho', and the crowd always makes the event...

:ph34r:

ROYALISTE Headin' South, Back to the Carolina Low Country......

Aye, indeed it has changed, Captain. The OI be quite accommodating to pirates nowadays. They got themselves some nice armory and some fine new Captains as well. Some of them ya may know.

By the way, I saw a nice pic of yerself in this month's Renaissance Magazine, even ifn it be a bit mislabeled. :lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Then ye have not been thar in a while I reckon.

However, with that said, the Spirit is the most heavily armed of the lot with a broadside of three cannon (at least last year that be true). Ye have been warned!  :ph34r:

-Greydog

:ph34r:

P.S. I do look forward to meetin many a person from this har board at that thar event.

Not unless Master Gunner Gary Harper is cloning himself, he won't be running 3 guns on the Spirit of Dana Point.

Now the Ketch Spirit will be blazing guns, more than you scurvy dogs are able to count and I'll be aiming for you Graydog. I likes nothing more than knowing me targets.

:lol::lol::ph34r:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Ah, good observation, but Gunner Harper did run three guns last year. He setup a lanyard and be firing all three at once with the help of an assistant gunner he had on board. This bein as best as me feebile old mind recalls. :lol:

I be happy to be a seein that the Black Hearted Pearl be on the Ketch Spirit. Ye be sure to catch some of the iron spirit the Spirit of Dana Point be tossin yer way. Why, after this ye can be tellin yer lads how I served ye a hot supper!

-Greydog

Ah, good observation, but Gunner Harper did run three guns last year. He setup a lanyard and be firing all three at once with the help of an assistant gunner he had on board. This bein as best as me feebile old mind recalls. :ph34r:

I be happy to be a seein that the Black Hearted Pearl be on the Ketch Spirit. Ye be sure to catch some of the iron spirit the Spirit of Dana Point be tossin yer way. Why, after this ye can be tellin yer lads how I served ye a hot supper!

-Greydog

Aye, but if Gunner Harper has an assistant and it isn't me, then it'll be him that will be greetin Davey Jones.

"Ye be servin me a hot meal?" In yer dreams, mate. :lol:

~Black Hearted Pearl

Aye, but if Gunner Harper has an assistant and it isn't me, then it'll be him that will be greetin Davey Jones. 

"Ye be servin me a hot meal?"  In yer dreams, mate.

Yoikes, hoisted on me on petard I be! Fer I be a lookin at yer picture and realize just who ye be. Crewin the Point's guns does become a might interstin and perplexin now from my perspective don't it?

A challenge let is a challenge met!

T'wont be the number of guns fer sure, but there tis nary a person alive that can meet me accuracy in firin blanks!

Have on with ye!

-Greydog

We were there in 2005, so ye must be a little green at this. Royaliste was a six carronade, plus swivels gunboat at that particular event, and we invited 'Spirit into the filming of 'True Carribean Pirates'...Royaliste is now the most active gunboat on three coasts, mate..do your homework, and we'll meet you on the seas once again, if you are still in the Tallship business. And it is, afterall, a business for those of us who own and operate Tallships.

It would be exciting to have the Royaliste on hand. She's not on the list of ships that are partaking that is listed by the OI, is she going to be thar?

Yer website show's ye be on the east coast fer the rest of this year I thinks. What of 2008?

-Greydog

if you are still in the Tallship business. And it is, afterall, a business for those of us who own and operate Tallships.

Did not claim to be in the tallship business. Merely boasted to be proud of the ship I be sailin with. Please do not misconsture me silly bluster on this board fer anything other than silly bluster. That thar real life ye leads tis far to hard a callin fer me. Ye have me respects.

Yer fine ship and its endeavors to perserve history are to be commended! Tis a rough life you have chosen with esoteric rewards out running the money. Thank you for those efforts to teach others and for the knowledge of history you can bring us.

We've had our invitations for Tallships Challenge 2008, but our present future is tied to an upcoming film. If they decide to shoot the rest on the West Coast, we might be in our old neighborhood again. The expense to either transit the canal or ship the Royaliste is huge. Therefore, we are presently looking at '08 on the Great Lakes, '09 back in the Maritimes from whence we just came, and 2010 on the Great Lakes again...It's hard to make Royaliste' future plans, as we let the events unfold, since there isn't a foundation dictating our sailing future. And we have been sailing; over 10,000 sea miles since we were last in California. That said, if their are any sponsors out there, we'd love to be sailin' on Mare Pacifica again.......

That said, if their are any sponsors out there, we'd love to be sailin' on Mare Pacifica again.......

<_<

We'd love to have you back in Home waters too..... <_<

(Hugs to the crew)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I'm very sorry if any of you had come out to look for me, to find out I wasn't there....

Explanation:

When we found out how TINY our selling space was, there was absolutely no way for me to put out my stuff to sell. Since Dawn Bradley had paid for the booth (and I to her for my half) she made do I guess.

So we packed it up and came home.

I can tell you I will not go to another Tall Ships at Dana Pt. again. After trying to no avail to explain we needed access all around our booth spot and allow us to move to a more decent location (where we normally had been) since there was plenty of room, but we were absolutely refused. B)

Sorry if any of you were looking for me, the circumstances just weren't lending themselves to be there.

Rumba B)

That certainly is poor form, Rumba. Seems these events for that this is how some of us make a living, or at least a little extra coin.

We had considered Dana Point at one point to bring our shoppe out west but will strike out colors since they seem less flexible in the same areas we would need, i.e., availability of shopping on multiple sides.

Thanks for the report and sorry for your misadventures there.

-- hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Aye Rumba ye was the first person we looked for... Ok though.. were sorry thet happened to ye..

On the brighter side the weather was nice and I finaly got to meet the

NQG crew.. I got to renew my subsription.. and gained a few more contacts.

Mary asked whare the tall ships were.. that was funny.. I had expectations too , it being my first time.. and the impression I got from the Web site I thought thar would be ships larger than the Californian..

Well non-the less We had a good time...... The food at the Brig Resturaunt was yummy and reasonable.

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

The really sad part is when I explained that I was handicapped and I had to use a scooter to get around, I needed to be able to park it behind the booth.

Then pointed to the small spot up against the road and asked where am I supposed to put it?

The jerk replied to me, "Sorry it's not my problem!" B)

That's when I told Boats to pack it up and we left.

Rumba, I was wondering what happened to you. I'm sorry things didn't work out on the vending side. The event is getting so big; it is having serious growing pains.

I'm still recovering myself. I ended up jumping ship from the now re-named "Retch Spirit" aka Ketch Spirit and was called for duty as Gunner's mate on the Spirit of Dana Point.

The seas were choppy and more than a few ships had chummers, The Spirit as well, but alas I was not one of them. My adrenalin was too pumped for me to feel the swells left from Hurricane Henrietta.

I'm sun and wind burned and am headed off to catch up on my sleep. I need to be back in working order by this weekend for Oceanside. Now this event is going to be a pirate event.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The seas were choppy and more than a few ships had chummers,

Really??

Oi! I hop eit wasn't Liberte' nor any of ours.... <_<

We missed you all back at camp. A pair of the Doxie Chicks stoppped by and jammed with us all afternoon.

What fun!

Rory on Pennywhistle and concertina, m'self on Bodhran, Roger the Red on git-tar and the Chicks played mandolin and anything they got their hands on. Sang til we popped!

It was a fun, fun day all around :lol:

Are you and Ruby coming to Oceanside as well?

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif