New Bottoms!!

Jack Roberts

Here are a couple of pics of what I've been working on for the past few days.

Using Reconstucting History's pattern #706. They are 100% linen. Mighty comfortable, very cool

to the skin.

newbreeches.jpg

These I made before the others. 98% wool/ 2% lycra. They were a pair of drawstring pants I wore for last year at PiP.

I'm really happy with the way came out!

newtrousers.jpg

Cool!

I am working on some trousers as we speak. I am using my own pattern for these... and taking it slow (which is difficult for an instant-gratification kind of guy like myself).

Hope to have some pictures up soon as well.

Keep up the good work!

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

Welldone!!! I'll be trying some slops... or maybe some breeches in linen... Just because I have two or three in Canvas already and the linen looks so much better and I'm sure wears lighter

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

If ye can afford it..... go with hemp.....

I made a pair of slops and a pair of trousers outta hemp to replace/up-date my old cotton canvas ones...... and WOH.... Hemp is fantastic..... much more comfortable and softer than the cotton...... too bad it cost so much more.......

I'll probably go with the hemp this winter for another project.

I'm going to be working on a hammock and maybe the simple trousers for GP and simplicity. Actually I need to make a dufflebag like my old GI one for PIP!!

Sorry for the brief Hijacking!!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!