KCRF Opening Weekend

Only 4 more days until the 31st Annual Kansas City Renaissance Festival opens for 7 weekends! Come on out and join myself and m' crew as we return to one of our favorite faires to entertain thousands of patrons each weekend!

kcrenfest.com for more information and tickets

See you at the faire this weekend!

Emerald

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com

:wub: See you there!

Anyone coming to visit please stop by and say hello. I personally will only be in attendance on the first two and last two weekends (in the middle 3 weekends I'll be at St. Louis Pirate Fest).

Our booth number has changed last minute at KCRF so the program is wrong... it is now 155A nextdoor to the Cup & Chaucer.

You will have to let me know how the Pirate Fest goes since it does conflict with KCRF and I don't get the opportunity to go to it.

Cup and Chaucer - isn't that the one behind Gallows Stage near B gate? Looks like the closest we'll get to you guys is our set at the Public House at 3pm. We're pulling three shows a day at Da Vinci's Crane, one at Merlin's Berm, one at Canterbury Public House then finish the day at the Pirate Ship. Yup, we're doing 6 shows a day opening weekend. We outta be some tired pirates! :lol:

Have a good one and I'll see you guys in a few days!

Take care

Emerald

I miss the KC Renfest. The Renfest down in Texas are pretty good, but I miss the cool weather as the festival drew to a close. It was such a great way to welcome the fall. Sorry to go off on a tangent. Have fun, I wish I could get up there for the Pirate weekend. :lol:

Conceptual Simplicity, Structural Complexity, Achieves a Greater State of humanity.

Pogue,

They have bumped pirate weekend into September ... going off the top of my head here, I believe it's 6th weekend of faire this year. Gonna be strange after all these years of opening weekend being pirate invasion weekend!

And you are right, nothing like being at KC when the weather changes. Maybe we'll see snow this year before the faire ends ... been a while since that happened.

Fair Winds

Emerald

Pirate weekend is indeed the 6th weekend this year: October 6th, 7th, & 8th (Columbus Day). The weekend's catchy title this year "Three Sheets To The Wind". Here is a list of Pirate weekend activities from the festival website:

Regional Longbow Competition

Entertaining, educational programming at the feast hall. Columbus Day only, costuming 101, music 101, Court 101 . 30 min classes for the children every 45 minutes beginning 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

Costume Contest

Peg Leg Race (3 legged race), Jousting field 12:00

Walk the Plank

Faire Factor

Mr. Romance Competition

Henna Demos

Walk like a Pirate and Scurvy Pirate Contest

Treasure Hunt

Anne Bonny and Mary Read collecting a girl pirate crew and doing a sword fight exhibition.

Scuttlebutt Billy & Capt. Kelly

Knot display

Pirate or Nautical Craft Award given by Queen

Citrus food festival

Tattoo contest

"So You Know the New World" contest

Ale tasting

Corn on the cob for a dollar-Buck an Ear!