Quick Fugawee Shoe Sizing Question...

Gsc

Quick question for those of you who have the Fugawee Concords- or know people who do.

Q: Do I order my regular shoe size or a 1/2 size larger? I have read both ways in previous threads here in the pub.... Some were saying that you could wear a small/short pair of socks under your stockings that wouldn't be noticed BUT would provide extra comfort... My feet blister easy...this kinda sounds like a good idea.. I'd really liek to hear what everyone has to say about it.

For my first pair of reenactment shoes, should the Fugawee Concords with the small Gentlemen of Fortune buckles work well.

Thanks in advance-

Graham

Graham, I ordered a pair of concords for my husband 1/2 size larger than his normal shoe. We also used GOF's buckles and they look great. As for the larger size, we figured after running around all day, feet tend to swell a little, that and he wanted to get a pair of insoles to help cushion the bottom.

I have a pair of ladies fugawee's, that I wore to the ren faire. I didn't use insoles and my poor feet were killing me.

Everyone that I have dealt with from Fugawee have been wonderful. As long as you don't put holes in them, if there is a problem with size, they can be returned.

Good luck.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

I have the Ligoniers and yes I bought them larger, but I went a full size for two reasons. One, the shape of my feet, and two, INSOLES!!! My feet are wider than they should be for a feller as short as I am so they need the extra room. I have mine tied because I cannnot stand anything pressing against the bridge of my foot. Also, I used the leather conditioner we use on our sadles and saturated the shoes before my first long weekend. All that was left to do then was install the insoles and "beat" them into submission. LEXOL brand neatsfoot formula is what we use on our saddles and boots/shoes around here. I can usually get two years out of a pair of good engineer boots under harsh working conditions using this and it will make your expensive shoes last longer as well.

Bo

Thank y'all both for the responses- exactly what I was looking for.

Haunting Lily: Do the GoF buckles fit without any shoe modifications or do you need to cut the piece of leather that the buckles latch to down alittle thinner?

Thanks again.

Graham

Graham, they did have to be cut down a little.

At first my hubby was afraid to cut them, so we took them to a shoe maker. The shoe maker was a little ole Italian guy that kindly instructed my hubby in the fine uses of the highly technical tool known as an exacto knife. :ph34r: . Hubby had no problem at all cutting them down.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/