Memorabilia and Collectables

Red Bess has accused me of collecting hobbies, but I've more or less settled on reenacting for the past 15 years or so.

My primary collection jones is for antique medical stuff, especially surgical instruments. (Like most pirates, I love edged tools. I just prefer the tiny ones!) I've begun collecting navigational instruments recently. I got a nice boxwood parallel rule off ebay last year, but it's huge -24"- so it's hard to display.

I'm also looking for 60's automotive decor. I want to decorate our basement bathroom to look like the men's room in a gas station on some remote highway, circa 1966 (after it's been cleaned, of course.) There's lots of stuff out there that's close, but it's very hard to find the "just right" stuff.

Very nice, Sjöröveren, I would love to see some pics of your medical instruments. I am very much interested in the medical side as well. At a re-enactment this year at Waterford Military thru the Ages, I got to see a fine display of medical intruments, tools, and apothocary bottles at one of the American Civil War displays. The gentleman was very informative and I truly enjoyed discussing the medical aspects of the time period as well as prior to the war.

As for the vintage bathroom you are creating...sounds very awesome. I will have to check our friends antique shop for you to see if I can find any thing that may be of interest for collection.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

• 2 weeks later...

Teddy Bears.....at Christmas the house is usually covered in Teddy Bears.

I love all kinds of Teddy Bears.....I just can never resist them.

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

• 4 weeks later...

Candles....I can never resist buying candles.....

Christmas ornaments

Baby Name books...I love researching names and their meanings

And of course I can't wait to pull out all of my teddy bears for the holidays.

• 2 weeks later...
I like rocks.

Not just any rocks...geodes, crystals, gem stones used for spiritual uses.

I picked up a piece of petrified wood with smokey quartz crystals all over it when I was in Sedona, a very interesting piece.

How fasinating. I would love to see your collection some time.

I have been collecting crystals, gem stones too for many years. And I have been incorporating them in to my massages too for healing purposes.

I have one crystal in the shape of a skull, I would have to say it is one of my favorites. But I have a variety of many different size spheres too.

via Rumba Rue

I like rocks.

I picked up a piece of petrified wood with smokey quartz crystals all over it when I was in Sedona, a very interesting piece.

Interesting...smokey quartz on petrified wood. Quartz gets "smokey" thru radioactive "buring" of the silica. Your piece probably got "burnt" from the carbon-decay when the wood got petrified. No worry, it's not "hot"...just indicates that it was exposed to it.

As for collections...books, rocks,fossils, Classic Illustrated Comics...most of which are in storage & need to have someone else collect them.

Angels and Angel Ornaments

I am looking forward to putting up two trees this Holiday Season. I want to decorate one with all of my Angel Ornaments. The other will be with all of the Disney Ornaments for the wee lad.

via Rumba Rue

I like rocks.

Interesting...smokey quartz on petrified wood. Quartz gets "smokey" thru radioactive "buring" of the silica. Your piece probably got "burnt" from the carbon-decay when the wood got petrified. No worry, it's not "hot"...just indicates that it was exposed to it.

As for collections...books, rocks,fossils, Classic Illustrated Comics...most of which are in storage & need to have someone else collect them.

I could only afford a small piece, but the big pieces were absolutely amazing!

I hope to get back to Sedona sometime in the future as I would love to get a larger piece for only $$$ major bucks...

:blink:

rocks.........been too long since been rambling to get any, but have bout 500 lbs thus far

books, musics, and the rest i dont consider collecting if they are well used.

grey hairs :lol:

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

• 3 weeks later...

I just got out my snowbabies and cherished teddie's for Chritmas decorating.

Hmmm, now what else do I want to do with the rest of the house in decorating it for the Holidays...soooo much to choose from....hmmm :o