New Brabossa *Dress*....

Iron Bess

Okay, okay.... so at my core I'm really to *girlie* to wear a lads rig ALL the time,,,,

To remedy this... I've had a bodice, skirt and top made that will do nothing but compliment my aforementioned Barbossa coat.

For Pirate Faires and events I would not be wearing the stand-up collar of course... that is an option for Halloween fun! (Kind of a cross between a Disney wicked Step-mother and a Pirate) But it does have ribbon ties that go over the shoulder. The strong boning in all the seams makes it stay in place without the benefit of anything if I am so inclined however so on hot days...

This picture shows an underskirt but I intend to wear it with the striped petal skirt and just bloomers... bucket boots optional.

Pirate reality? Of course not! Pirate fun for an old Lady that won't act her age? :ph34r:

Anyway.. you think it will go with the coat?

BarbossaDress1.jpg

BarbossaDress2.jpg

BarbossaDress3.jpg

MDAReDo.jpg

B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

**Looks at bodice pictures, and remembers the awesome coat. Takes drool rag from pouch and wipes lips** "Uh, oh, sorry."

BTW, as for old ladies not acting their age - who ever said there were age rules? B)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I really like that bodice!

You should post some pics of you wearing that outfit!

Once they take some pictures at a Faire or such like I'll do just that lass... B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

It's a fetching bodice, Bess. Aye... we be pirates... ANYTHING goes with our outfits. B)

It'll be mighty racy with the coat, bodice and the bloomers! B)

Oh, if Mr Rush could see how ye've twisted around the Barbossa outfit!

Will have to pester someone and make sure someone takes at least one pic of ye, Bess!

~Lady B

B)

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Wow! What a fine piece of rigging. It looks terrific!!!!!

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Wow! What a fine piece of rigging. It looks terrific!!!!!

-- Hurricane

ROTDLMAO!!!

Yeah... and as soon as I put it on it'll have wind in it's top sails!! B)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

(Thinking...) Hmmmm.......

I could do that. B)

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

It's gorgeous!  Are you going to be wearing it to Ojai?

I'd like too.... it depends on how hot it is.

I'm not suppose to wear anything too tight anymore becasue of my heart however this is constructed with lacing in the back as well so it's totally adjustable. I showed the pattern to my Dr and she said *Well.... lemme see it once you get it.*

I can move and breathe with no problem or undue pressure so.... B) And get this Jill... it's Chenille!! How soft and breathable it that?

Yeah, I'd LOVE to wear it to Ojai!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

It's a beauty Bess. You'll look great on stage in it with your coat,

To be honest, I wasn't thinking of it as a performance outfit...

(Shrug) We'll have to see :lol:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

while the blokes be distracted with yer "top sails" ye can run em through! :o

Heh, heh, heh....

Like.... I've never done THAT before!!! :o

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

(Thinking...) Hmmmm.......

I could do that. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::o

Oh, dear... she's a plot brewin' in her devilish mind.

Even if I had the body for it, I don't think I would do something racy with the Barbossa outfit I be making. Damnable french knots are a hellish thing to be adding in one by one for the coat.

All in all, eager t' see more pix, Bess!

Jacky.... better those heads be turnin'... rather than heads a rollin'! :huh:

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Jacky.... better those heads be turnin'... rather than heads a rollin'! :rolleyes:

~Lady B

:rolleyes:

Wait!

Can't we have both???

Hello! PIRATE!!! :rolleyes:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I don't think I would do something racy with the Barbossa outfit I be making. Damnable french knots are a hellish thing to be adding in one by one for the coat.

Wait....

What??

You are French knotting the material for an entire coat!?? :rolleyes:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Iron Bess, How come when you get a new item for us to drool over, your never in it, on it, or holding it? By the way, thats a fine looking sword you have.

Excuse me....

There are posted pictures of m'self IN my Barbossa coat and HOLDING my sword on this site. Just not looking in the right places?

And I might add, they were all added AFTER the initial pictures of the said items were posted for Pub perusal.

When I've attended an event in this rig you'll see the pictures if anyone is interested.

(I will refrain from a closing remark...)

:ph34r:

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif